Hacking NeoGamma Thread

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Littlegreenmen said:
I was thinking, would it be possible for neogamma to display the box art when autobooting instead of it displaying the Language/video mode/gameID ect..
So instead it shows the box art while the game boots.

???
A box art is superior to showing a video when autobooting?

QUOTE(phillyrider807 @ Jul 22 2009, 11:24 AM) Hey wiipower does the latest version still have the 256 line limit for ocarina?

Yes.

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry i was unclear. what i mean is when you start neogamma channel - a black screen comes up with some info (game ID/video/language) while the game is starting up..
Would it be possible to change this so it displays the box art of the game instead of this info.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gokuguy said:
The easiest way to make it better looking, & have quicker loading time is to install CIOSCORP. CIOSCORP makes it where you can play your real or backup games from the disc channel, with the loader's settings. Im a noob, & just recently installed it on 2 different wiis with nintendo firmware 4.0 with CIOS Rev9, it is safe. Before you do this though, check these things just to be safe.

Und Wiis wachsen auf Bäumen...

QUOTE(gokuguy @ Jul 22 2009, 05:05 PM) 1) Your wii's serial number. It must have LU63 or below in the first 4 digits to safely put it onto the wii. 64 & above seems to either hurt or not work at all.

2) Firmware. I used 4.0 with the Bannerbomb hack to softmod. If you used any other hack to softmod, check through other threads, for the safety of your wii.

3) Make sure to have a "preloader" on your wii, like Preloader .29, & the Homebrew Channel, just incase something goes wrong.

1) Wrong, there are and more important there WILL be other serials for which installing cioscorp is bricking.

2) You have no idea what you are talking about

3) A preloader? Preloader can save you from some bricks, but i'm not sure if it can safe from the cioscorp brick on boot2v4 Wiis. And before you answer, can you tell me which IOS preloader relies on?

The reason why i write an insulting answer:
If you don't know the important basics don't tell people to do this and that, people following such advises will brick their Wiis. Basically it's their own fault if they trust you, but i like GBAtemp, and i want it to be a place where you find less instant-brick guides than on other pages.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
gokuguy said:
The easiest way to make it better looking, & have quicker loading time is to install CIOSCORP. CIOSCORP makes it where you can play your real or backup games from the disc channel, with the loader's settings. Im a noob, & just recently installed it on 2 different wiis with nintendo firmware 4.0 with CIOS Rev9, it is safe. Before you do this though, check these things just to be safe.

Und Wiis wachsen auf Bäumen...

QUOTE(gokuguy @ Jul 22 2009, 05:05 PM) 1) Your wii's serial number. It must have LU63 or below in the first 4 digits to safely put it onto the wii. 64 & above seems to either hurt or not work at all.

2) Firmware. I used 4.0 with the Bannerbomb hack to softmod. If you used any other hack to softmod, check through other threads, for the safety of your wii.

3) Make sure to have a "preloader" on your wii, like Preloader .29, & the Homebrew Channel, just incase something goes wrong.

1) Wrong, there are and more important there WILL be other serials for which installing cioscorp is bricking.

2) You have no idea what you are talking about

3) A preloader? Preloader can save you from some bricks, but i'm not sure if it can safe from the cioscorp brick on boot2v4 Wiis. And before you answer, can you tell me which IOS preloader relies on?

The reason why i write an insulting answer:
If you don't know the important basics don't tell people to do this and that, people following such advises will brick their Wiis. Basically it's their own fault if they trust you, but i like GBAtemp, and i want it to be a place where you find less instant-brick guides than on other pages.

Und offensichtlich haben Sie so nicht viel geprüft, wie Sie gedacht haben.

Preloader relies on IOS60. For extra precaution, its always good to dump your NAND, so if anything goes wrong, you can restore it. When I say "a preloader", I mean any one of them, like Starfall (which I know is only for 3.2 firmware), Preloader, Bootmii, ect.

I also stated I used Bannerbomb hack, which does make a difference. Look it up.
OK then, you might be right. Lets say I know nothing of the subject. Show me. You give me a correct guide to what you're calling "the basics", & ill get my facts straight. I mean a guide on how the stuff works, not like the "Ultimate Guide to 4.0" thing. I know every bit of that, & know that there is an easier way to do most of it.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
gokuguy said:
Preloader relies on IOS60. For extra precaution, its always good to dump your NAND, so if anything goes wrong, you can restore it. When I say "a preloader", I mean any one of them, like Starfall (which I know is only for 3.2 firmware), Preloader, Bootmii, ect.

OK then, you might be right. Lets say I know nothing of the subject. Show me. You give me a correct guide to what you're calling "the basics", & ill get my facts straight. I mean a guide on how the stuff works, not like the "Ultimate Guide to 4.0" thing. I know every bit of that, & know that there is an easier way to do most of it.

First of all, WiiPower is a Developer, and if tells you you are wrong, YOU ARE WRONG!!

He codes homebrew for Wii............ I don't think you have done any of this. Have you?

I'm not going to question much about Wiis cause I'm sure you know enough.

Maybe it's the fact you forgot to mention; ...it's perfectly safe to install on older model Wii's that don't have Boot2v4

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nknave said:
gokuguy said:

First of all, WiiPower is a Developer, and if tells you you are wrong, YOU ARE WRONG!!

He codes homebrew for Wii............ I don't think you have done any of this. Have you?

I'm not going to question much about Wiis cause I'm sure you know enough.

Maybe it's the fact you forgot to mention; ...it's perfectly safe to install on older model Wii's that don't have Boot2v4

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just a quickie, I noticed that R6 has alternate dol loading from disc now. So does it mean I can load the WM video dol from the disc itself as neogamma auto detects it?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bloodlust said:
Just a quickie, I noticed that R6 has alternate dol loading from disc now. So does it mean I can load the WM video dol from the disc itself as neogamma auto detects it?

Yes, that's extractly how it works.

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Bloodlust said:
yes, you are extrembly right

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kavid said:
Bloodlust said:
yes, you are extrembly right

K??? gbatemp ?????
bow.gif

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shiro786 said:
Hey WiiPower:

I have a question for you. Is there a way to integrate NeoGamma into CIOScorp? (To play burnt games without accessing custom channels or HBC)

I use NeoGamma R6 with CIOScorp, but he doesnt recommend using CIOScorp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1