Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sylvanman said:
I've tried using all versions of Neogamma but they all get a reading error but they are different from other versions:
r6 dvd read error (972)
r5 dvd read error (782)
r4 dvd read error (721)
r3 dvd read error (559)
r2 dvd read error (352)
Do these have anything in common?
I really don't think its my media as im burning on Sony and Phillips dvd-r's that should be enough right?

Info:
System Menu 4.0E
Pal Wii
Softmodded
cIOS 38 13a

Can anyone think of something to do?
frown.gif

Try verbatims -r .... or dont. whatever.

When i started out modding wii's i bought sony / tdk / phillips and unbranded -r's.

NONE worked for me.

I took a dive into verbatims -r's and: roberts your mothers brother: 100% perfect burns every time.

Give it a go, what do you have to lose?

sylvanman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess I'll try yeah, but what error did you get?, and could it have something to do with the kind of backup i play? are there certain backups that only work on modchip wiis (Yes i've read the compatibility guide but I'm talking about particular ones
laugh.gif
)

neelsoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hii i-m kind of new to the wii scene but i have installed the HBC preloader and bootmi.

I put the r6 version on my sd card launched with HBC an it says DVD read error 972 what am i missing here?
Plz help

Just to add that i dint installed any special wads or files for this application i just downloaded the executable for the HBC

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
neelsoon said:
Hii i-m kind of new to the wii scene but i have installed the HBC preloader and bootmi.

I put the r6 version on my sd card launched with HBC an it says DVD read error 972 what am i missing here?
Plz help

Just to add that i dint installed any special wads or files for this application i just downloaded the executable for the HBC

Read what the HBC tells you about the app.

neelsoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
neelsoon said:

Plz help

Ahh silly me where do i get those files?

Yakomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black.Pearl said:
The next inofficial neogamma-channel-version called "competition" is ready to vote now...
I improved the icon-/banner-grafix (logo, background) and the soundloop again...
Have fun with it. I hope, you`ll like it...
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmuvhyvmrzj
Seems like the mediafire link is down. Could someone repost? Thanks!

QUOTE(KiiWii @ Jul 9 2009, 09:31 PM) ... Do you recon you could make one that resembles the real disc channel? (but obviously with DVD-r images instead of GC etc)
Would love that too, very much!!

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi

is the alt dol loading only for the usb loader part or can I use it with a backup disk?
I mean for example can I play a backup of red steel with alt dol loading without patching the game to ios249?

tiger0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Winpower,

I finally got what error message I got when I ran R6. It's timeout when I ran R6 for USB drive game. What that means?

Thanks!

shaka!!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
neelsoon said:
WiiPower said:
neelsoon said:

Plz help

I'm having the same problem as he is.

I tried installing the IOS38 wad via the cIOS38 installer and I got error ret = -2011. I'm only guessing that this is the
IOS that they were referring to, was I right? If so, how can I fix that error?

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaka!! said:
neelsoon said:
WiiPower said:
neelsoon said:

Plz help

I'm having the same problem as he is.

I tried installing the IOS38 wad via the cIOS38 installer and I got error ret = -2011. I'm only guessing that this is the
IOS that they were referring to, was I right? If so, how can I fix that error?

This helped me when I got the -2011 error on 4.0U, it might work for you too: http://timashley.me/?q=node/6

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is probably a stupid question, but I really don't feel like searching through all 37 pages, so I'm just going to ask. Does NeoGamma play Gamecube games? And if so, will I be able to burn the ISO's to regular DVD's? And will it play the GC games from USB?

Thanks.

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it should, but doesn't. Either way, the best GC backup launcher is called GC Backup Launcher 0.2 by WiiGator (I think). Just do a search for it on the forums and you'll find it. It works flawlessly for about 5 games that I've tried.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
h8uthemost said:
I know this is probably a stupid question, but I really don't feel like searching through all 37 pages, so I'm just going to ask. Does NeoGamma play Gamecube games? And if so, will I be able to burn the ISO's to regular DVD's? And will it play the GC games from USB?

Thanks.

yes it does a have wario world and mario sunshine working but need a GC pad to play(obviosly) just burn the iso as normal at about 4x speed

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No gamecube usb loading for now. And gamecube backups require a cIOS + cMIOS installed and work better with WiiGator's GC launcher.

Hybridx24 said:
[...]
This helped me when I got the -2011 error on 4.0U, it might work for you too: http://timashley.me/?q=node/6

At least that guide says that it's not for boot2v4 Wiis. Look here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165453
And there should be enough threads on how to use it in the hacking forum.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the info Pepxl. Especially the burn speed(although I always burn all my games at 4x).

And as always, thank you WiiPower. I'm really getting into playing games from USB now since a lot of them run sooner than on a disc. So I think GC games from a USB would be a very cool feature.

Thanks for the info on cIOS+cMIOS and WiiGators GC Launcher. I'll give it a shot. You guys been very helpful.

Neburg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spanish

Todos sabemos que Hackmii instaler te instala bootmii, homebrew channel y un nuevo DVDX en el cual nos centraremos ahora.
El nuevo Hackmii te instala una nueva version del DVDX en la IOS original de nintendo la que hace que la velocidad de este sea casi exacta al original o eso creo ya que yo nose nada de programacion, y ahora me digo ¿por que no utilizarlo para la carga de backups de wii o gamecube? ¿no creeis que se podria partir de ello? yo os aseguro que antes las peliculas de Doble capa DVD9 ivan algo entrecortadas, pues aseguro que ahora ya no va perfectamente y sin forzar a la lente de ningun tipo, la verdad es que Marcan para mi es un dios en esto de la programacion de Wii lastima que nos dejara.
Pero bueno lo que queria dejar claro es por que no hacer un nuevo cargador a raiz del nuevo DVDX de Marcan.
Saludos.

Neburg.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traductor google: English

Not so this English translated using the Google translator, I hope forgive me. We all know that you Hackmii install bootmii installed, and a new homebrew channel DVDX in which we concentrate now.
The new Hackmii you install a new version of the IOS DVDX original nintendo which makes the speed of this is almost exact to the original or it is not because I think nothing of programming, and now I say why not use it for the burden of backups gamecube or wii? Do you not think that could be from that? I assure you that before the dual-layer DVD9 movie ivan somewhat choppy, as it ensured that now is not going well and without forcing the lens of any kind, the truth is that Mark is a god to me in this scheduling Wii shame that we left.
But what I wanted to make is that they do not make a new charger to root DVDX Brand new.
Greetings.

Neburg.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mark is involded in DVDx???

DVDx does not have 6x reading speed AND DVDx is not related to backup loading in ANY way. (i can't say more, because the above post is not understandable)

tiger0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi WiiPower,

Thanks for your great loader but I got "Timeout" when I ran game from USB drive. What does this means?

Your answer is greatly appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh