Neogamma R9 error

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by RemixDeluxe, Aug 5, 2011.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Hello guys I am having difficulties getting this program to work. I get this error message when I loaded up my DVD "DVD error (03023a00), DVD+R/bad burn/DL problem?". I am using DVD-R and I burn the .isos at a 8x speed. What am I doing wrong?

2. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    btw I am using whatever is on my computer which runs windows 7 to burn the GC game. I don't use any specific program to burn game but if I should be can anyone recommend what I should use? Also could it be a brand problem? I cant really tell what the DVD is but it all I can gather from what I read on it is that its DVD-R and its 8x.

3. ddetkowski

ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
    first, can your wii even load burns? newer wii's cannot, only usb loading.
    second, use imgburn to burn wii or GC games with. DVD-Rs are best.

4. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I got this Wii near launch so I'm 90% positive it can run backups. Ill use imgburn and get back to you thanks for the suggestion.

5. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I cant use Imgburn because there's an error message on the bottom of the program that says "disk not empty". I don't understand how to get past this as this isn't allowing me to burn anything beyond this point.

6. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Is there any way I can fix this error or am I gonna have to use another computer with a different disk drive?

My drive is

HL -DT -ST DVD+-RW GU10N

Keep in mind I'm using a windows 7 computer. I'm not sure what other details are needed to determine what needs to be fixed.

7. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Anyone?

8. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    It turns out that it works when I used a different DVD disk. I only have one more question how can I get multiple GC games on a single DVD disk? When I used imgburn it refused to let me burn any more isos on the disk unless theres an option I need to configure?

9. ddetkowski

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
  10. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    You have been really awesome. Thank you again for your help.

11. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    When I put in the DVD disk burned with the multiiso of 3 GC games it takes me to a completly different menu. Its called "MultiGame DVD9 Ver" and my only 2 options are Boot DVD and Credits. When I boot the DVD it asks me to place a disk in the drive and press A to start the process and when I do so it takes me back to the 2 options again. What am I missing?

12. ddetkowski

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Hmmm.
    DVD9 is for a blank DL DVD, holds 8GB of data.
    DVD5 is a 4.7 GB.
    Is there a setting for that, before you burn it?
    I never really used the program.
    had to use version 4.0, norton 360 saw a virus in older versions, and, yes, pick dvd5, wii region ntsc before burning

13. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    DVD5 is for single layer disk and DVD9 is for dual layer disk. Is it possible for NeoGamma to run a multi iso disk?

14. ddetkowski

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
    yes, by all means, update to latest neogamma loader for GC games.
    also, read my edit from previous

15. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Alright I got it working. The issue was I was using an updated version of GameCube Multi ISO when I should of been using v3.5.4. I assumed the latest version would be the best but I guess I was wrong.

16. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Yep, the latest version does something strange, and it's not documented, so NeoGamma can't be updated to support it.

17. UnseenHero

UnseenHero The UnseenHero

Jul 16, 2009
    Canada
    At Home
    Hello all.
    I have the same problem as this gentlemen here and I did not feel like making a new topic. Anyways the only difference is I am using a DVD-RW is that a big difference and is there anyway to solve this problem? Or anyways to run it of a flash drive (which to my knowledge you can't)

18. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    There's not enough space for DVD+R/bad burn/DL/RW problem...

19. RITS73

RITS73 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2012
    Netherlands
    So you should simply ignore anyone who has this error-code?? (at least, that's what i'm reading @ your post)
    i'm softmodding wii's for a couple of yrs now, and recently one came back also with this error-code (03023a00) on NeoGamma.
    The guy who owns this wii has no cash yet for buying a HDD so he really would like his discs to work again.
    The wii isn't a new one, and burnt discs worked before..

With all the luck and google in the world no one has come up with a solution for this error-code although there are many out there with this error..
    - Bad burn? nahhh he burnt before and all games worked.
    - Bad cIos? nopez, because recently they all worked, also when i tested it, nothing was wrong.
    - crappy laser?? hmmmmm... hope not....

any ideas??

*PS, since my problem comes in the near of the topic starter i'm bumping this post instead of creating a new one to keep the forum clean. :)

Peace