tongue.gif

Franpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so:

1) Download IOS 236 via ModMii Download Page 1

2) Install via Multi MOD Manager using Waninkoko's latest custom IOS located at IOS249.

3) Run d2x cIOS Installer v2.0 and set it to use IOS236

4) Install d2x version 6 with Base IOS set to 56 and IOS slot set to 232 (Presumably I can use any slot not used by anything?)

5) Install Wiigator cMIOS v2

6) None of the previous steps display any error and all install successfully.

7) Run Neogamma, attempt to play Metroid Prime 2 USA on PAL Wii

8) Experience the game progressing through opening credits (Health Screen, Nintendo, Retro Studios etc.)

9) Game displays a error message indicating the disc can't be read and to consult my Gamecube manual.

==========

I have a PAL Australia Wii running System Menu 4.1 with various region free hacks applied to it, the game I am trying to play is Metroid Prime 2 (USA) and it is burnt to a DVD.

My question? How do I resolve this issue! NeoGamma reports it uses... cIOS36rev21 slot 249.

Edit: Looks like I have to do this... http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-bet...t&p=3711081 yet I don't know where NeoGamma's configuration file is (The application linked there doesn't offer IOS232 as an option for whatever reason)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
4) Install d2x version 6 with Base IOS set to 56 and IOS slot set to 232 (Presumably I can use any slot not used by anything?)

Correction:

4) Install d2x version 6 with Base IOS set to 56 and IOS slot set to 249 (249 because NeoGamma only checks slot 249 for a cIOS)

Do you have a modchip or cioscorp/darkcorp? What are your GC settings? Did you disable GC Ocarina/hooks?

Franpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No cioscorp or darkcorp, GC settings are at default. Any idea how to delete the cIOS from 232 other then AnyTitleDeleter? That program for whatever reason a long time ago started to refuse to run (Pulling Sysmenu TMD... ERROR! ISFS_Open (Ret = -102)). It used to run however, many many many months ago like when 4.1 or 4.2 system menu was new.

I know it's not necessary to delete it as t can simply be overwritten if the time ever arises, anyways I will replace my trusty Waninkoko installation.

Franpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower, NeoGamma now correctly uses the right cIOS however the game still fails at the same spot right when the title animation should play after showing the company logo's (The music however plays fine). I notice if I eject the disc and insert it again it briefly shows the title screen progressing a split second before repeating the error message.

Is this an indication of a badly burnt disc? Do I need to enable Region Free or Force cIOS in the Reloader? (I tried them already and they had no impact). I have Priiloader installed and not Preloader, could the Preloader Support option be causing conflicts?

EDIT: Yep badly burnt disc
biggrin.gif
The game works now that I re-burned it onto a Image Mag disc at 4x
smile.gif
Previously I burned to a MTV disc at max speed. Also the Image Mag disc doesn't produce a rather audible rattle sound while spinning unlike the MTV disc.

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Cios 249 base 56 d2xv6.

Drivekey modchip installed.

I want to use neogamma in postloader as a disc launcher for gamecube and wii games. I thought I'd have great compatibility because of my mod chip. Gamecube games seem to launch just fine however wii games give me "drive too new" error. Is there anything I need to change to make it work as an alternative disc loader or am I out of luck?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DEFIANT said:
Cios 249 base 56 d2xv6.

Drivekey modchip installed.

I want to use neogamma in postloader as a disc launcher for gamecube and wii games. I thought I'd have great compatibility because of my mod chip. Gamecube games seem to launch just fine however wii games give me "drive too new" error. Is there anything I need to change to make it work as an alternative disc loader or am I out of luck?

Which error do you get in NeoGamma? And isn't the drivekey plugged in between wii and drive? It shouldn't play gamecube games from disc for you if you have a new drive...

Do the wii games work from the disc channel?

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
dvd error (00000000), read toc
drive too new for dvd-r :-(

I do believe it sits between the drive and motherboard. Though I'm not positive of that, as I didn't insall it myself. Bought it online back in late '08. It's a lu65+ if that makes any difference?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, this is odd, reading the TOC is the 1st thing AFTER reading the disc id, which should already fail. Do wii games work in the disc channel?

When loading GC backups with NeoGamma, does it say retail or backup?

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Ok, this is odd, reading the TOC is the 1st thing AFTER reading the disc id, which should already fail. Do wii games work in the disc channel?
Yes wii games work great on disc channel. Since switching to postloader I've been trying to setup access to everything I had on the system menu.

QUOTEWhen loading GC backups with NeoGamma, does it say retail or backup?
Neither. It says
Init drive...
Launching Game
GameID: GBIE08 (GC)
Audio Stream Set

Then the game loads. No Problems. Media is Sony DVD-R. Burnt using IMGBurn. Works with disc channel as well.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Then either NeoGamma is screwing something horribly up, the chip returns a wrong value in one place, or the cIOS is doing something bad. Can you try Gecko OS mod?
http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php?topic=5823.0

It works the same way as NeoGamma, but uses IOS. If that works, it's the cIOS. If it fails as well, you could try SoftChip, it uses a different method to execute the reads.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DEFIANT said:
dvd error (00000000), read toc
drive too new for dvd-r :-(

I do believe it sits between the drive and motherboard. Though I'm not positive of that, as I didn't insall it myself. Bought it online back in late '08. It's a lu65+ if that makes any difference?
Yes, the drivekey is one of the first flat based modchips.
See instructions on the official site.

GRIM.657

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Idk if this exactly has been mentioned but it gives me the 'drive too new' error if i just don't have a disc in. I have the oldest model of the wii, I bought it at midnight on release day, however it shows some 2008 date for the dvd drive. everything works perfectly for me, just thought I'd point out that message

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GRIM.657 said:
Idk if this exactly has been mentioned but it gives me the 'drive too new' error if i just don't have a disc in. I have the oldest model of the wii, I bought it at midnight on release day, however it shows some 2008 date for the dvd drive. everything works perfectly for me, just thought I'd point out that message

Did you send in your Wii somewhen? If it was for DLs, it was most likely replaced, Do DVD-Rs work without modchip?

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well... I have to find myself a triwing screwdriver before I can let you know. My local hardware store has one but it's a tip for a magnetic drive and it's in a set ($12.99). I just want a single screw driver. I'll keep looking.

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between your gecko os mod and the real gecko os? As I've adopted your gecko os mod as my disc loader on postloader.

oscarj08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
hey guys can you awnser my questions:

- on gc backup loading, dvd read error 216 0x31100 means that the disc or a fragment of it cannot be read, aint it? (Both MIOS/INTERNAL mode)

- i have waninoko cmios v5 on v10 installed (i can run games with MIOS mode), but if i install original mios to unnistall it, then i install wiigators cmios v10, but when i go to run a game in INTERNAL/MIOS mode, it gives me green scren error. so i back to unnistall it again and install waninoko cmios so, waninokos cmios and wigators cmios (that you recomend but doesnt work for me) have the same compatibility on neogamma r9 b50?

- MIOS mode shows me gc backup 0.2 and INTERNAL shows me neogamma gc launcher, is it the same thing to boot games? or not? (neogamma r9 b50, cmios v5)

- you say that all gc games must work except 007 Everything......, last time that i tested Crash Wrath Of Cortex the game ran without sound, i lost that mini dvd, so if i download it again with neogamma r9 b50 with cmios v5 on MIOS mode, it will run with sound?

- waniokos cmios v5 only runs in MIOS Mode and wiigators v10 runs in INTERNAL, aint it?

hope you can help/awnser me, sorry for my english gramatic errors

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I think it's why I'm alive +1