Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
WiiPower said:
Known and confirmed not working gamecube backups:

- Phantasy Star Online 1+2+3(black screen with normal plugin, "an error occured" with high plugin)
- 007 Agent Under Fire(black screen after the 2nd level)

actually this is not correct.
in PSO I and II you get also with and without high plugin the "an error occured" message
you get the black screen if the reloader is set to forced, in that case it doesn't matter if the high plugin is enabled or not

in PSO III you get the black screen with normal plugin and the error message with high plugin, same if the reloader is set to forced

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malaac said:
NeoGamma is not working for Gamecube games at all.

Whenever I launch a game from gamecube launcher the game runs fine.. try to run from NeoGamma and it reports game has audio streams expect missing audio.

Any method besides powering off system to get out of a Gamecube game? Is the only method to use the physical power button on the WII itself?

So what is wrong with my setup for NeoGamma?

Ok seems nobody is willing to help anyone in this thread.. Not a single damn response.. I've asked this question twice now.. what horrible support for this software.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
malaac said:
malaac said:

Whenever I launch a game from gamecube launcher the game runs fine.. try to run from NeoGamma and it reports game has audio streams expect missing audio.

Any method besides powering off system to get out of a Gamecube game? Is the only method to use the physical power button on the WII itself?

Ok seems nobody is willing to help anyone in this thread.. Not a single damn response.. I've asked this question twice now.. what horrible support for this software.
HORRIBLE SUPPORT??? WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM MAN???
But really, this message is normal with the most games. Are the games are working or not? And you must turn the wii off with the "physical power button" that's the gamecube mode.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malaac said:
malaac said:

....that's what Gamecube mode does, even with the Wii having no hacks at all.

No other method of getting it back to wii mode will work because no other devices are supported in the c/MIOS.

nameist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi! Neogamma is my favourite Backup launcher.
But with R9 beta 38 I have a little problem: Everytime I install CIOS rev 20b with IOS56 or IOS57 as base, Neogamma doesn't start, I always get a blackscreen.
If I use IOS38 as base, Neogamma starts...

This is really annoying. Have somebody an idea how to solve this?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wind Waker status update:
I finally have a "working" test version of NeoGamma that boots with the patched MIOS method. It took me so long, because i always tried Wind Waker, because that's the game i want to fix by this. I think MIOS puts its own patch code at 0x1800 in order to patch the game after a .dol loading. Since normally i use the same memory, i got an error and almost went bad about it. Using the debug plugin seemed impossible because the game resets the amount of memory that is available. Anyways, now i reset the memory setup when booting via patched MIOS + using high plugin. This gets me Wind Waker to work with the patched MIOS option + use high plugin, without my manual patch ==> the chance this works for the NTSC version is very high.

Now i have a lot of code cleaning to do, and to add some warnings, "this and that is not compatible when booting via patched MIOS, disabling this and that...", "if MIOS applies patches to this game, it won't work using the default(low) plugin, 'an error occured bla bla bla'".

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great! If the chance that the NTSC-U version works now very high, could it be that there is a chance that the problem is also fixed in the NTSC-J version?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So now it may be worth retesting previously not working games. To reduce the number of tests:
- try patched MIOS + no high plugin, if that gets "an error occured bla bla bla", then the chance is high MIOS has some patch for the game --> highest chance to work has patched MIOS + high plugin
- if the NeoGamma screen "doesn't go away" when using the high plugin, the game most likely doesn't work at all with the high plugin --> don't waste your time trying different settings with the high plugin
- the forced reloader should have a higher compatiblity than the fast reloader --> don't try endless combinations with and without forced reloader, test everything with forced reloader, and if it works, try setting it to fast
- patched MIOS doesn't work with retail discs

But somehow i fear that the currently known not working games still won't work.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bow.gif
Great Work! Wind Waker NTSC-J dungeon map works
laugh.gif

dsc01024a.jpg

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Levente said:
Please look at The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures because this game is not working as a retail disc. Tried all the PAL video modes.
What's wrong with the PAL retail disc? The game runs fine here. Also the NTSC-J version works.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
FIX94 said:
Levente said:
Please look at The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures because this game is not working as a retail disc. Tried all the PAL video modes.
What's wrong with the PAL retail disc? The game runs fine here. Also the NTSC-J version works.

I don't know, it won't load for me, just black screen. What are you options?

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
malaac said:
malaac said:

HORRIBLE SUPPORT??? WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM MAN???
But really, this message is normal with the most games. Are the games are working or not? And you must turn the wii off with the "physical power button" that's the gamecube mode.

Problem was I asked this question twice in this thread and not a single reply until now. no the game does not work fine.. the game stutters.. the audio stutters. But the gamecube launcher runs it perfectly fine.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
malaac said:
[...]

Problem was I asked this question twice in this thread and not a single reply until now. no the game does not work fine.. the game stutters.. the audio stutters. But the gamecube launcher runs it perfectly fine.

I did reply, but you did not re-reply! And i think you still did not mention which game you are talking about.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Levente said:
The normal settings internal gc mode, force video disc, reloader fast, and the other options to no.
I played now a while and I got no problem, runs perfect.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
FIX94 said:
Levente said:
The normal settings internal gc mode, force video disc, reloader fast, and the other options to no.

Retail disc with internal mode?
Try it with MIOS.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Levente said:
FIX94 said:
Levente said:

Retail disc with internal mode?
Try it with MIOS.
Why MIOS? The internal mode works with backups and retail discs.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now i'm confused, wasn't Levente the one with the issue here?

GC mode MIOS should play 90% of all retail games fine. If it doesn't work, you should get "an error occurred bla bla bla" instead of a black screen.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The MIOS option never worked for me. Only blackscreen. I have the recommend cMIOS from the main page installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans