Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Levente said:
The added sleep really helps, but it's not perfect.
What is dvd read function? I didn't find any game which are not using dvd read function 1.

It's looking for 3 different patterns when trying to patch the read calls, but it seems to never use the other 2. There's somehtng odd about the way the 2nd one is patched, so i thought that might be the problem on some games.

How often do you get the random crashes now? 1 out of 5 times or more often?

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
WiiPower said:
Levente said:
The added sleep really helps, but it's not perfect.
What is dvd read function? I didn't find any game which are not using dvd read function 1.

It's looking for 3 different patterns when trying to patch the read calls, but it seems to never use the other 2. There's somehtng odd about the way the 2nd one is patched, so i thought that might be the problem on some games.

How often do you get the random crashes now? 1 out of 5 times or more often?

ca. 3 out of 5 times, but it can be really different, perhaps it depends on the media type of the mini-dvd too

DOBERMAN421

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
baten kaitos origins work now ?????
and is it possible to have a cmios v10 work for neogamma ???(in kaitos v8 v10 help to go much longer than the newgame screen)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DOBERMAN421 said:
baten kaitos origins work now ?????
and is it possible to have a cmios v10 work for neogamma ???(in kaitos v8 v10 help to go much longer than the newgame screen)

Yes it does, you need it patch it with this:
Wiped GCM Fixer 1.5F also callled Fstfix 1.5F
http://filetrip.net/g1604-fstfix-exe.html
before burning. I tried with the options: "t s g" for the 1st disc and "t s f" for the 2nd disc, both on the same multi game disc created with:
MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzy3jm0jmmz

I'm into 10 hours of gameplay with the cMIOS from the 1st post, and no errors or buzzing sound yet. I don't know which of the fixes are necessary, but i think i tried the options "t s f" months ago and still had the issues. I hope that the 2nd disc now works, but i do not know it yet, but the worst case should be the need to burn it with the options "t s g" as well.

And since i got reports for Ikaruga that sound similar to the ones in Baten Kaitos, i want that somebody to test the same options on Ikaruga.

PS: You MUST NOT shink the games on the multi game discs if you patched them this way. The patching is increasing the .iso size on purpose.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
007 Agent under Fire should work now in beta26. The game has .elf files and it seems they are not loaded the same way as the main.dol or the .dols inside .tgc files. Anyways, there's a new option for the reloader now: "forced", it removes the speed optimisation from the reloader. There's no need to set it to forced for 007 Agent under Fire, because NeoGamma does it automatically for this game. But it would be nice if other not working games would be tested with the reloader set to force, it might do the trick on other games as well.

PS: I updated the old compatibility list:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Gamecube_Back...patibility_List
I don't see any reason why not to hijack it for NeoGamma, but DO NOT flood it with confimrations that game xy works with NeoGamma

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Levente said:
beta26 dead download link, please don't upload it to rapidshare anymore

I only do it when mediafire refuses to work. And it's nice to see the demand for NeoGamma always when i do it.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
007 Angent Under Fire do not work for me with beta26, same error.
PSO I and II no DRE message now with forced reloader, just black screen
PSO III still black screen
Ikaruga keeps reloading.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Levente said:
007 Angent Under Fire do not work for me with beta26, same error.
PSO I and II no DRE message now with forced reloader, just black screen
PSO III still black screen
Ikaruga keeps reloading.

Please slowly and in detail. Does it say it set the reloader to forced on 007? I have got a report that it at least gets into the 1st mission of the game. Did you shrink the game?

And on PSO, you get a read error with reloader set to yes, and a black screen when set to forced? Did you try all relevant video modes?

That's important information, that i need to know in detail, you must not report it in such a short and unprecise way.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
WiiPower said:
Please slowly and in detail. Does it say it set the reloader to forced on 007? I have got a report that it at least gets into the 1st mission of the game. Did you shrink the game?

And on PSO, you get a read error with reloader set to yes, and a black screen when set to forced? Did you try all relevant video modes?

That's important information, that i need to know in detail, you must not report it in such a short and unprecise way.

Yes it says that the reloader is set to forced on 007, then I get the green long screen and the the error message. The game is not shrunken it's on a single mini-dvd.
PSO I and II with and without the reloader DRE message, but if the reloaer is set to forced I get only black screen. I did not try the video modes, but I am going to

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a question. I want to load gamecube homebrew apps with NeoGamma, but do not know how. Until now I used GC homebrew launcher to launch GC homebrew on a Wii, but that loader is a bit buggy. I already installed WiiPowers MIOS which have homebrew support. So any help would be appreciated
smile.gif

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

for beta26 well every release since u started useing rapidshit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i'm taking a break