Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
WiiPower said:
That would be a challenge i won't be able to win...

If i remember correctly, you tried almost everything, with and without preloader, different system menus and different cIOS and all without success. I had it working on cIOSrev13a or 14(not sure), on system menu 3.2 without preloader. Well if preloader was installed and not properly removed, NeoGamma will try to boot that. Oh, and i needed to insert the disc AFTER the reboot process.

If you manage to get it to work on a certain cIOS, but not on other cIOS, well you know...

I don't think it is the cIOS's fault, I think it's something with the system menu, because I remember I colud reboot with 0.3 gamma on sys menu 3.1, but after updating with firmware updater to 4.0, it went wrong. I contacted WiiGator and I got this: The IOS patch in Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma was not written for System Menu 4.0. I assume only games which are patched to IOS249 will work.
And so it is.
How do you explain that I can reboot with games that are patched to IOS249?
Can you write an IOS patch for system menu 4.0 or above?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Levente said:
WiiPower said:
That would be a challenge i won't be able to win...

If i remember correctly, you tried almost everything, with and without preloader, different system menus and different cIOS and all without success. I had it working on cIOSrev13a or 14(not sure), on system menu 3.2 without preloader. Well if preloader was installed and not properly removed, NeoGamma will try to boot that. Oh, and i needed to insert the disc AFTER the reboot process.

If you manage to get it to work on a certain cIOS, but not on other cIOS, well you know...

I don't think it is the cIOS's fault, I think it's something with the system menu, because I remember I colud reboot with 0.3 gamma on sys menu 3.1, but after updating with firmware updater to 4.0, it went wrong. I contacted WiiGator and I got this: The IOS patch in Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma was not written for System Menu 4.0. I assume only games which are patched to IOS249 will work.
And so it is.
How do you explain that I can reboot with games that are patched to IOS249?
Can you write an IOS patch for system menu 4.0 or above?

If that's all, i think i have a solution. Find the preloader hacks that load IOS249 for all games, and i can make NeoGamma use that. This way is a bit dirty in my eyes, because it means, i need to know exactly at which system menu, which region what to patch where, but it should work.

burnzy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cios 17 with neogamma rc1 works fine, until you put a mod chip in, then you get read error 1139? Have tested on a few consoles now. downgrading to rev14 is fine though.

thatguyjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can vouch that there's an issue with Brawl (and B+) with the loader. I used a standard 2 gig memory card that even has videos and snapshots saved on it. While Neogamma can load in all the codes, once the game begins to play, the Wii acts like there's no trace of SD card, what-so-ever. Essentially, that means you can't save snapshots, videos, or do any of the standard file-replacement things, since they access the SD card after the game begins to find the data.

Any word on when there might be a fix for this, or should I deal with it through other (Less satisfying) means?

Oh, and this is when loading via USB. I won't be able to test things out with my retail disc until later today.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thatguyjr said:
I can vouch that there's an issue with Brawl (and B+) with the loader. I used a standard 2 gig memory card that even has videos and snapshots saved on it. While Neogamma can load in all the codes, once the game begins to play, the Wii acts like there's no trace of SD card, what-so-ever. Essentially, that means you can't save snapshots, videos, or do any of the standard file-replacement things, since they access the SD card after the game begins to find the data.

Any word on when there might be a fix for this, or should I deal with it through other (Less satisfying) means?

Oh, and this is when loading via USB. I won't be able to test things out with my retail disc until later today.

What cIOS? Did you try rev17 and/or rev13a?

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
thatguyjr said:

For me this issue only occurs in Brawl+, cIOSrev17, tried with beta17 and RC1.

Ricj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now which version is the most stable one? I'm still on Neogamma R4 and i can play pretty much everything i ever tried.... i was thinking about upgrading but i don't know what would be the best choice right now.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
Are you sure that R8 RC1 is the most stable of all beta versions ?

yep its pretty stable, it wouldn't be a release candidate if it wasn't

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Kyno said:
are there any official channel?
check out the channels in my signature