NeoGamma impact on cIOS rev 15

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Sketter, Nov 23, 2009.

Nov 23, 2009

NeoGamma impact on cIOS rev 15 by Sketter at 1:16 AM (1,770 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Sketter
    OP

Newcomer Sketter Advanced Member

Canada
    So after reading for a while, i come across some confusion information that i would love to have some clarification.

Wiipower, has said that it will not have (tho user can do it themselves) neogamma support for rev15.

1. With Rev15 comes the fix for DL. Is it my understanding that current neogamma (R8 rev 15 at the time of this writing) can not handle (have a fix for) DL DVD's?

2a.Since Wiipower pointed out the 001 error on disc on rev15, does this means this error ONLY effects rebooter? (cIOSCORP Users?)
    b. (user enabled neogamma R8 rev 15) Neogamma and cIOS rev15 is not effected having game started via neogamma? so in other words, everything loads as it should?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Rev15 is a 001 disaster if the loader is compatible with Sam & Max as i explained many times already. You will get 001 error with discs on disc channel(rebooter) and NeoGamma with it. And a green screen freeze on 001 games loaded from usb with NeoGamma. Since the issue occurs on disc channel too, there's very few doubt that it's a cIOS issue.

NeoGamma plays DL discs - with a proper cIOS. If you want to play discs, get SoftChip r101, if you play from usb, get one of the other usb loaders.