Hacking neogamma & cIOS38rev14

Zlayer200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there, i whant to install cIOS38rev14 to use neogamma. Will this be secure?
I whant to play burned games, from USA for example.
I've hbc channel installed, + dvdx -NOT BOOTMII-
Do i need that?

Also my system is 4.0e (PAL version)
And do i need to use neogamma as channel? Or can i just simply use it from hbc channel?

Another thing, when i downloaded neogamma R7 from gbatemp.net it was followed by a map called Source, where do i put the source map?

--------
I ask this question both here and at wiihacks.com but you get a faster reply here
smile.gif
I love this site

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can't install cIOS right off the bat on a virgin 4.0 Wii. You need to get the trucha bug back on it first with the Trucha Bug Restorer. Try following one of the good guides floating around here like the simplistic mod guide.

Bootmii will help protect you from bricks if it said you can install it to boot2, if it said it can only be installed as one variant, it won't help you as much, but it won't hurt to install the IOS version and make a NAND backup with it regardless. (Will need a GC controller for that version)

You can use Neogamma from the HBC, if you find it more convenient as a channel then you can install the wad for it, it's no different aside from whatever you think is more convenient.

You don't need to deal with the source code unless you actually know how to do any programming and want to change anything with it or something. All you need is the .dol file that comes with it to run it from the HBC or the wad file to install it as a channel.

Zlayer200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ye, well.
I've now installed all things you need on my wii. Like truchabug, restorer things ye. Stuff like that, Thanks everyone for helping me.
Im very glad now i can finally play Punch Out!! that i burned, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...