NeoGamma 1101 DVD Read Error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by xbillion101, Sep 19, 2009.

Sep 19, 2009
  1. xbillion101
    OP

Newcomer xbillion101 Member

Australia
    Ok, i keep getting DVD Read 1101 Error on my band new wii that i received from Nintendo. I've look all over the internet it and says things like, Dirty laser, Different, media, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RW, Different games. I've tried EVERYTHING. But guess what, i went to my friends house and tried to launch the games, THEY ALL WORKED.
    Now as i said before this is the very very latest wii. Do you think Nintendo has done something to stop NeoGamma R7 from working. I also tried softchip and it didnt work it had some other weird error. I don't have a Portable Hard Drive to launch games of the that's out of the option.
    If anyone could help i would appreciate it thank you.

(I also followed the "Complete soft mod guide [everything you will need] Down the the letter.)

2. Bloodlust

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Newer Wii's with D3-2 chipsets do not allow reading of backups at all no matter what you try. Is yours a US set? Perhaps you can let us know what the serial number is...

3. xbillion101
    OP

Australia
    Yes i know mine is a newer wii Thanks for the reply. The serial number is LAH11707493[2] im from Australia btw. So there is no possible way to get it to run backups. Could i maybe get a chip for it?

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    AFAIK, I haven't heard anything saying USB loading doesn't work on those Wii's, so you should still be able to play backups that way.

Edit: But you don't have a hard drive...I would say you would be better off just getting a hard drive over a modchip.

5. xbillion101
    OP

Australia
    Yeh a HD sounds good. But just for curiosity how much would a mod chip be and would it be hard to install?

6. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    AFAIK the Wiikey Fusion supports it.

7. xbillion101
    OP

Australia
    Thankyou very much i appreciate the help, I'll most likely go with the hard dive.

8. Bloodlust

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    That's good. IMO, the fusion is a waste of money as it still doesn't support DVD backups and only running from SD is supported..

9. xbillion101
    OP

Australia
    Oh really? thankyou for the info man [​IMG]