Gaming NEO GEO VC games

shadow1w2

Still here.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sitting here staring at my loose 1600 wii points in the VC shop and Im thinking, "wheres the Neo Geo games I was promised for the summer?"
Not that I cant just emulate them on the PC real easy, but I was kinda looking forward to a nice street fighter replacment. Since all the VC collection has is the lowerd down SNES ones anyway.

So ya, weren't they gonna release Neo Geo games for the VC shop already?
Ive been looking around and theres not much info on it besides the initial statement.

Im assuming the plans got postponed or something. Though technicly its still summer and they still have time. (though its actually raining here O-o; Not used to rain in july.)

With a few games each monday and WiiWare not coming till next year, the wait is just killing me to have some game content I dont already have as a cartridge.
Not to mention the idea of having newly made retro titles still kinda floating in the air like a rumor.
Though maybe they were refering to making Wiiware titles instead of brand new games to be emulated.

Anyway, anyone else looking forward to NeoGeo games on the VC shop?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The "date" that was indicated was mid-Summer, which is still a few weeks off.
Not sure what its going to be like with the on-board memory restrictions, although the largest game is 330MB.

QUOTE said:
IGN: When will we see NeoGeo games hit the VC, and what regions are going to be getting them first?

Herman: We're aiming for a worldwide release, so that it's available for all regions at once. As far as the date, we're looking to start releasing games around mid-summer of this year.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "date" that was indicated was mid-Summer, which is still a few weeks off.
Not sure what its going to be like with the on-board memory restrictions, although the largest game is 330MB.

QUOTE said:
IGN: When will we see NeoGeo games hit the VC, and what regions are going to be getting them first?

Herman: We're aiming for a worldwide release, so that it's available for all regions at once. As far as the date, we're looking to start releasing games around mid-summer of this year.
There was an interview a few months back with someone from SNK and they stated that memory won't be a problem as at the moment they don't plan on putting out the bigger titles like King of Fighters, Art of Fighting or Metal Slug for quite some time. Instead they're planning on putting out the smaller titles. He also said something about them being able to compress the games so they are smaller. The plan is to release 24 titles in all with 2 per month at a price that will be higher than SNES titles

Some smaller titles that I reckon they'll bring to VC: Neo Mr. Do!, Puzzle Bobble, Fatal Fury, Soccer Brawl, Neo Bomberman, Neo Turf Masters. They come in at around 3-10mb in (In ROM form that is, but seeing as VC titles seem to be emulated I guess thats what they'll use), theres a lot more NG classics that are around that size. That'll do for me as they are all classics but I don't think I'll pay THAT much points for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Karens, inbreds, MAGAs, severely mentally ill and not taking their medications, etc.
    +1
    300 lb toothless women in bikinis. You name it, it's available at Walmart. lolol
    +1
    I do most of my grocery shopping there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [looks at what you just said, and then looks at you] :O:ohnoes::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    Most Walmart shoppers don't go to Target because they're too triggered over displays of things they won't be buying anyway.
    +1
    I am not a karen, i am not maga, not severely mentally ill and not on meds, not 300 lbs, not missing all of my teeth, dont wear a bikini. Soooo. okay?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean if saving $2 on milk is saving $2 I'm buying it at Walmart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go in don't cause a fuss and leave usually no problems
    :unsure::unsure::unsure::O:ohnoes: [goes to take my meds] :shy:
    A million and one things in this world catered to straight men and women. God forbid there's a display for lgbtq merch. How about walking past it if a person is not interested? Uh uh!!! Better watch out for those Satanic rainbows!!! lmao. MAGA crack me up.
    +1
    Right. I save $ getting grocers at walmart. So I continue to go.
    $2 on milk is great, imagine how much is saved when getting an entire cartful... vs the prices at my local ripoff grocery store.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Though I've been going to Aldis more often better lunch meat
    +2
    Is it worth it Gas wise? Length of travel.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    lgbqt products
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got 3 stores all within half a mile and a gas station in that same area so it's worth it
    +1
    LGBTQIA+ Products :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not the gay ride lunch meat :ohnoes:
    Walmart is an 60 mile round trip for me, and yes, I still spend less even after the gas cost. :) I dont go there just for milk. I do 2 big hauls a month, fill the cart up.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay Ride™ at a Walmart near you
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lol GBAtemp mentioned in the latest Bringus Studios video
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    never heard of that developer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, was my anti hate trolling shitbox messages recorded
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Sicklyboy, was my anti hate trolling shitbox messages recorded