• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could you just pass the gameid and the system menu and neek2o version you are testing with?
It's not much use if someone tells you he isn't having those problems, and he's using a different setup.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a 4.1U SM cause I have an older Wii that plays burnt disc; this makes it's almost counter-productive to even consider updating my Wii... :moogle:

Still I have not problem installing a newer System Menu to my dump just cause.
I always thought that updating the SM does not influence the ability to play burnt discs, and that it had more to do with how old your wii is...in other words, older wii's have older drives that still allowed you to play burnt discs.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 4.1U SM cause I have an older Wii that plays burnt disc; this makes it's almost counter-productive to even consider updating my Wii... :moogle:

I always thought that updating the SM does not influence the ability to play burnt discs, and that it had more to do with how old your wii is...in other words, older wii's have older drives that still allowed you to play burnt discs.

That's my understanding too... the newer Wii's with the drives which can't play backups were sold with SM 4.3, but being on 4.3 in itself has no effect. An older Wii can be upgraded and retain the ability to read burned discs.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
That's my understanding too... the newer Wii's with the drives which can't play backups were sold with SM 4.3, but being on 4.3 in itself has no effect. An older Wii can be upgraded and retain the ability to read burned discs.
Just not out-of-region ones. 4.2+ have only had downsides, but not a single upside.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just not out-of-region ones. 4.2+ have only had downsides, but not a single upside.
Thats not the point zfa and i are making...i am not saying to update, just that the ability to burn discs is not SM but hardware related afaik

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thats not the point i and zfa are making...i am not saying to update, just that the ability to burn discs is not SM but hardware related afaik
Oh, yeah the ability in itself is related to the drive chip. What you can run from the System Menu depends on factors such as what SM you have and what IOS's are installed.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game wii sports + resort (the game package) often hangs after the health screen after i select the resort game. anybody else experienced this? i doubt that anybody has this game un his neek2o system though.
lol i have it. so yes it also is in neek 2o.(wbfs ;) ). the trick i have learned or am learning with neek, although you might have watched the wm+ video for regular loaders.( gx,flow,cfg.). the "nand" doesn't know you did. the trick that i did to make these games load(found more then 1)( my son's puss n boots was doing the same thing along with sports+resorts.). go to joyflow an add the option to watch the wm+ video. you don't even have to watch the whole thing, just start it till you get to the option menu. click exit to game. an let it load the game.. like i said this worked for me. as far as a nand dump(real nand). i'm not sure.( haven't used my real nand dump.i've always used a fresh build.)

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i think he means the option in the di menu. i'll try this out.
i should say, that this game is a little bit different at the beginning. the game selection comes first before the health screen. game selection appears always i guess, but after the selection it either freezes in a blackscreen, or it freezes after the health screen, and sometimes it works.

edit: shortz, your workaround makes it a little bit better i guess, or it's just luck! turning on the wm+ option and then watching the video one more time made the game always working in 4 cases out of 6.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm actually referencing the fact of 4.1 not being region locked :) I know I could use Priiloader to enable hacks but some users have experienced error (true/false) when enabling this particular hack albeit that's aside from the point; this is why my Wii stays on 4.1U. Sorry for the miscommunication :moogle:

Chrissi1993

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have several problems with uneek (+ neek2o) and 4.3e.

Sometimes the sysmenu doesn't start at all.

If the sysmenu starts, i can choose a game out of the list. But it only shows a blackscreen

Sometimes everything works great, I can play a game but after leaving the game, sysmenu hangs oder if it doesn't hang i can't start any other channel/game.

Banners always work.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
priiloader_uneek.rar is not exactly a binary.
It's a container, and it contains the sources that are used to build the priiloader.app and it's installer.
All license related stuff from the original sources started with is still in the package.
The repository are the neek2o sources. priiloader is not exactly a part of them, and we are not planning
to keep making changes to the sources, so I have no idea why it should be in the svn.
Soon, other adapted applications will arrive there as well. Their rar will contain the sources like the priiloader rar does.
The priiloader.app is there so that it can be used by modmii. It's still in the rar as well.

Am I missing something? I understand GPL and what it stands for, but I really don't have time to study all it's license details.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I might be mising something. I have r58 installed and the neek2o_NK2O.wad bootmii as ios (and boot2 as well) but when I launch the switcher it just reboots to black screen. Any special folder structure needs on the SD?

Thanks.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Again, the neek2o Google Code repository contains 2 binary files (priiloader.app and priiloader_uneek.rar) whose (modified) source code is not released within the repository. You also didn't include a copy of the GPL along those files.
priiloader_uneek.rar is not exactly a binary.
It's a container, and it contains the sources that are used to build the priiloader.app and it's installer.
All license related stuff from the original sources started with is still in the package.
The repository are the neek2o sources. priiloader is not exactly a part of them, and we are not planning
to keep making changes to the sources, so I have no idea why it should be in the svn.
Soon, other adapted applications will arrive there as well. Their rar will contain the sources like the priiloader rar does.
The priiloader.app is there so that it can be used by modmii. It's still in the rar as well.

Am I missing something? I understand GPL and what it stands for, but I really don't have time to study all it's license details.
Nah you did not, obcd, nobody should complain, because the source was included in the package, i think that snikerz didn't bother to download it first, as i did, or he would have known.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
People that wanna try to launch neek2o without /sneek folder on sd-card (or with sd-card removed) can try this dol HERE*

* This dol is only for testing and will only work with rev58

As far as my limited testing of switching in and out of NEEK2O goes, this works perfectly. Now that stfour has his pl3 neekbooter accessing postloader via your ISFS mod we have a completely SD free solution. Great work and many thanks.

Reactions: 1 person

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There is still some work to do on a lot of homebrew programs to give them usb access as well.
I am glad stfour tried it out, and I hope others will start supporting it as well. There are usually just some minor changes needed,
and there is no difference for real nand operation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: