• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got bored with the channel for neek :blink: . making a new one. if any one is interested i'll upload when finished. but here is the logo i made.
dha68y.png
THis is freaking amazing even as a icon.png :)

redeyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got around to playing with this...great job guys :) I can finally have multiple NANDs :lol:

Just one question: Is there a way to switch between the different neek NANDs from outside the overlay menu (e.g. a standalone DOL I can use)? Reason for asking is because the overlay isn't supported on non-4.x menus, and I use older menus intentionally on some NANDs.
On system menus that the overlay menu isn't supported. Enter and Exit the wii settings then press and hold the 1 button on the black screen returning to the system menu.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I don't understand why the need to support soooo many different firmwares. 4.1-4.3 are more than enough (heck, it's enough even if u don't add 4.1). Overjoy, this is your project so if u think there is any benefit to supporting 3.x emunands then by all means go for it. But if there's no functional advantage of 3.x over 4.x then I think it's not worth your time (and space in the modules).

I know I don't intend on adding 3.x emunand support to ModMii, that's for sure :P

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious if there is a way to have games like RB3 create save files. Is it just part of things that you have to create a save file on a real NAND then copy it over?

Also, any reason that a dumped real NAND would just boot to a black screen, never getting to anything? It's 4.2U, and my 4.3U ModMii NAND works fine.

Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
when running neek all game saves should be saved to the emulated nand

re. your real nand not booting, u can try removing priiloader from your emunand if applicable (u can use ModMii's emulated nand modifer to do that if u don't want to do it manually). You can also try loading your nand in showmiiwads and remove the HBC v1.08 if applicable (it doesn't work on emunands anyways). If that doesn't work, then I'm out of idea's.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xflak, how does that setting.txt exactly work?

i have 4 files in the support folder now, EURsetting.txt, USAsetting.txt, etc.

How do i use them?

(PS. i tried to look it up in the modmii topic, but didn't find it, maybe i missed it?)

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or I could simple add support for 3.2 and 4.1 system menu's to the modules including the region free hacks ;)
This might be nice. 3.2 support could be useful for those who still want to use it for some reason.

The only reason I asked about switching from legacy SMs is because I have a NAND for every SM (except the Wii Startup Disc one because I don't have a dump), and neek2o is much more convenient than my current method...

On system menus that the overlay menu isn't supported. Enter and Exit the wii settings then press and hold the 1 button on the black screen returning to the system menu.
I'll have to try this. :)

EDIT: Works great on 3.2.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xflak, how does that setting.txt exactly work?

i have 4 files in the support folder now, EURsetting.txt, USAsetting.txt, etc.

How do i use them?

(PS. i tried to look it up in the modmii topic, but didn't find it, maybe i missed it?)
rename the appropriate region file to setting.txt and save it on the emunand. By default the cmd line tool will accept a serial number as input and output 4 setting files, one for each region.
I copied the setting.txt (with my own serial) over the old one in \title\00000001\00000002\data and let neek2o build/expand the nand...i am still having problems with setting up the internet, getting error code 110213.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Forgive my ignorance but why would anyone bother with a NEEK system menu that isn't 4.3? Everything works under this SM in NEEK2O doesn't it? I can't for the life of me see why anyone would want another version unless they're a dev or something. I know people hold off it in the real NAND world because of the anti-piracy stuff (but even this isn't actually as big a problem as some people make out) but if it all works under NEEK on 4.3 why use something else and make devs do all this work to support older releases?

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You got a point there.
Every new introduced menu will need to be tested and will make things more complex.
Besides that, we have a working priiloader now for the region free hacks.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my ignorance but why would anyone bother with a NEEK system menu that isn't 4.3? Everything works under this SM in NEEK2O doesn't it? I can't for the life of me see why anyone would want another version unless they're a dev or something. I know people hold off it in the real NAND world because of the anti-piracy stuff (but even this isn't actually as big a problem as some people make out) but if it all works under NEEK on 4.3 why use something else and make devs do all this work to support older releases?
Most users have no need to use older menus, and 4.2/4.3 is fine for them. If you're into messing with old stuff though, the support is nice to have. I have NANDs for every SM from 1.0 upwards, if only for "menu nostalgia" :P

As for developers needing to officially support them...neek2o already supports older menus quite well: The overlay menu already works on all system menus from 1.0 - 4.3, but you need to use the "Hold 1 while leaving Wii Options" trick described earlier to open it on 4.1 and below.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.1U SM cause I have an older Wii that plays burnt disc; this makes it's almost counter-productive to even consider updating my Wii... :moogle:

Still I have not problem installing a newer System Menu to my dump just cause.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's what is used to reroute the nand folders in a subfolder. As all disk traffic passes trough fs-usb, the filtering just happens in there.
You could find the code in the neek2o sources fs-usb folder fs.c file

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
the game wii sports + resort (the game package) often hangs after the health screen after i select the resort game. anybody else experienced this? i doubt that anybody has this game un his neek2o system though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think this Nyko PowerPak+ in my OG 3DS is starting to expand ever so slightly 😨 what a shame, to have to go back to an OG size battery soon.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators will be like that where it asks for a parent directory
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, 3ds batteries are fairly cheap just don't overspend on oem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Yeah I just like this massive extended battery lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember those psp batteries that came with bulged psp battery covers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    my PSP battery started swelling up AGES ago
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    As in I got rid of the battery when I noticed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People were hacking batteries just to cfw them
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got blocked.
    That's perfect.
    Anyway. I'm playing Dragon Ball Adventures from GBA.
    I got stuck in some part.
    Anyone played that game?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only one I played was the DBZ trading card game game on the GBA
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good
    okay
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    isn't sparking zero supposed to be accurate to their canon power too?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    meaning unlike dbfz a weaker character like nappa wouldn't stand a chance against someone stronger like broly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    aaalllright then, i guess i should hit the hay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprise surprise, @HiradeGirl is back today
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Surprise surprise, @HiradeGirl is back today