War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've been following THIS tutorial so far to get my friend's PSP Slim to CFW... but I have a problem. I've done every single step fine, had no problems. I converted the battery into a Pandora and I installed DCv5 to the memory stick... but here's the problem. I remove my battery and MS, then put it in her slim... and nothing happens. It just boots up as if it was a regular battery. Wtf? It does the same to mine. I don't have the charger plugged in or anything... anyone have an idea why? I know I did everything right because I've done everything following the tutorial... and when I plug the battery in through USB, it even says "PANDORA" under the drive letter.... and I do have DC5 installed because I have that TM folder or whatever it is... what could it be? Please help!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take out battery and memory stick. Put in just the battery. The PSP should start up without you pressing anything. If it doesn't, you don't have a Pandora battery.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, it doesn't turn on by itself. :\ I can't imagine what I did wrong though... I followed those instructions perfectly. Should I just run Hellcatz tool again and chose to convert the battery to a Pandora again? Like I said, it's really weird, because when I connect through USB, it clearly says "PANDORA" under the J drive in My Computer.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...you need to take apart your battery and solder something in it(see thread), the PC can only make a pandora memory stick, not a battery.

As far as I know.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
If you read through that tutorial, there is a way to softmod a battery to become a Pandora battery by using a PSP that has CFW already installed. I've done it before, I just don't know why it's being so wonky this time.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Warcueid said:
If you read through that tutorial, there is a way to softmod a battery to become a Pandora battery by using a PSP that has CFW already installed. I've done it before, I just don't know why it's being so wonky this time.

New PSPs and new batteries don't allow you to softmod pandora batteries.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I am using my PSP Phat to softmod the battery, and I've had it for a LONG time now, so that shouldn't be the problem. Also, I've used it to downgrade another PSP before, so I'm sure that can't be it.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You probably just screwed up making the tool battery. Same thing happen to the one I made a few weeks back to mod a friends PSP. Just re-run the program.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Is it? The thing is, you need a Pandora Battery already for it... what program should I use to softmod a regular phat battery into a Pandora? Im not using Hellcatz tool anymore.... I just don't trust it. That and I'm like semi-retarded (lol), so... what do you guys recommend?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So basically, I just format it using that formatting program, then put in the contents of "battery" into PSP/GAME along with UPDATE.PBP and run the Battery program? After that, would I be able to just use PSP Grader?

Edit: Or do I have to go through the whole process? Because if I do the whole process, it says "Congratulations, you are now in possession of a Jigkick Battery and MMS!" But I only want to make the battery... because Im gonna be using PSP Grader. What do I do?

Edit2: Okay... yet another problem. I did the mspformat, then put the battery and installer files in the PSP/GAME/ folder. They show up in the PSP, but when I try to run them, I get an error and it says it can't run the game. I tried going into the recovery menu and changing the kernel to 3.90 loader instead of 1.50 loader. That didn't work. I tried changing the GAME folder to GAME 150, and now they don't show up. What am I doing wrong? I even copied the battery and installer files on BOTH GAME and GAME150 and tried under 1.50 kernel and 3.90 kernel and they give me the same damn error.

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question, are you holding the L button as you boot with the pandora battery?

Using a pandora battery and PSP Grader w/3.90 OFW everything went smooth on my PSP Slim. I never read much to do with the 1.50 loader on the PSP Slim, sounds like a weird tutorial you have.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Er...okay, this is really strange now.

I was finally able to hack her PSP Slim and get it to 3.80m33 through Hellcatz latest installer. However... I see some strange problems. First of all, when I try to check the system settings (to see what version Im at) the PSP will freeze for 10 seconds, then turn off. I can access the Recovery Menu just fine though, so I'm obviously in M33. Also, I tried playing an .iso, and it worked, but 5 seconds into it an error message came up about the save data being from another PSP or something like that, and it wouldn't let me continue. (I gave her my spare 2GB MS which had DJ MAX 2)

So basically, my questions are:

-Why does my PSP freeze when I try to go into the system settings?
-Does she have to delete all my saves and make her own now?

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you have a nand problem. Maybe restoring the nand might help. With some installers you are allowed to store a copy of the nand when first modding the psp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk