Hacking Need some help with Cheats.

Odnetnin46

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have already placed both some .cht files and a big usrcheat.dat from Filetemp into my cht folder. I am running the latest firmware on my Vi, and have followed all of the instructions, however some are too dated for me to continue. I cannot figure out how to enable these cheats, aside from going into the ROM settings and turning them on, where it gives me the nondescript confirmation "(Y)Open Cheat Window". Pressing Y while at the menu, or in game, does nothing. I cannot find a toggle to let me decide what cheat files to use, and L+R+SELECT does nothing in game.

So, how do I use cheats?

Odnetnin46

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was referring to the (supposed) DS cheats, unless I've been mistaken this entire time and native cheats are for GBA only. I'm going to try DSATM though.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you got the EZ-Flash Vi, and your on anything above the firmware v100 or higher with a current kernel, you no longer need to use CHT files for NDS roms.

From what I remember, you don't use the cht folder anymore either. That is probably why your not seeing anything. Just put the usercheat.dat in the EZ5Shell folder

---

Then move to whatever game you want then press SELECT, scroll down to CHEAT, then press the D-pad to the right. At this point it will tell you to press Y to bring up the cheat window.

Then you enable cheats with X and disable them with Y. A will save your settings and B will cancel everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast