Need some help with Cheats.

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Odnetnin46, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Odnetnin46
    OP

Odnetnin46 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    Some basement
    Alright, I have already placed both some .cht files and a big usrcheat.dat from Filetemp into my cht folder. I am running the latest firmware on my Vi, and have followed all of the instructions, however some are too dated for me to continue. I cannot figure out how to enable these cheats, aside from going into the ROM settings and turning them on, where it gives me the nondescript confirmation "(Y)Open Cheat Window". Pressing Y while at the menu, or in game, does nothing. I cannot find a toggle to let me decide what cheat files to use, and L+R+SELECT does nothing in game.

So, how do I use cheats?

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
  3. Odnetnin46
    OP

Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    Some basement
    Well, I was referring to the (supposed) DS cheats, unless I've been mistaken this entire time and native cheats are for GBA only. I'm going to try DSATM though.

4. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    If you got the EZ-Flash Vi, and your on anything above the firmware v100 or higher with a current kernel, you no longer need to use CHT files for NDS roms.

From what I remember, you don't use the cht folder anymore either. That is probably why your not seeing anything. Just put the usercheat.dat in the EZ5Shell folder

---

Then move to whatever game you want then press SELECT, scroll down to CHEAT, then press the D-pad to the right. At this point it will tell you to press Y to bring up the cheat window.

Then you enable cheats with X and disable them with Y. A will save your settings and B will cancel everything.

5. Odnetnin46
    OP

Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    Some basement
    Thank you so much. It finally works.