Need some help VERY FAST! Please!

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by TreasureCat, Jun 9, 2011.

Jun 9, 2011
  1. TreasureCat
    OP

Newcomer TreasureCat Member

United States
    I'm sorry to make a new thread like this, but I really, really need a quick reply. I'm leaving in five hours for a major surgery. I'm going to be in the hospital for a week or more, so I won't be able to come back here for a while. What's worse, the only way I planned to pass the time in the hospital was with my DS, and now I think I just broke my flash cart.

I screwed up. I installed the 3DS 1.12 firmware on my DSTWO, thinking I needed it to use the Nintendo Shop. I got my threads crossed when I was reading some of the front page update threads in this subforum. Here's exactly what I did:

I was using a DSi XL, and my DSTWO was running firmware 1.09 (icon was of Alex Rider)

1. Got ready to go on the DSiWare store and saw that there was a system update. Did not accept. Came here and read the SuperCard DSTwo Sysupdate thread.
    2. Powered off without accepting.
    3. Loaded the DSTWO's MicroSD into my reader and plugged it into my computer.
    4. Downloaded the dstwoupdate_eng.zip linked to in the sysupdate thread.
    5. Extracted dstwoupdate.dat and placed it in my MicroSD's root directory.
    6. Inserted MicroSD into DSTWO and DSTWO into DSi XL.
    7. Turned on DSi XL and ran Alex Rider (DSTWO/EOS).
    8. Clicked "Yes" on the option to update my firmware from 1.09 to 1.12. Waited until the update was complete. When it finished it left me in EOS.
    9. Reset the DSi XL and immediately tested the DSTWO. It still had an Alex Rider icon and ran EOS fine. I assume I was now running 1.12.
    10. Reset and entered the DSi Shop. When prompted, I accepted the request to update. Watched the update finish and then clicked okay to reset the system.

Right after that I tried running Alex Rider (DSTWO/EOS) again, and now I've got a black screen with an error everytime. I can't believe it. I was so afraid I'd ruin this thing. I'm like dying here.

Can anybody please tell me what I did wrong? And if I can fix it without buying a new card? I don't have access to another DS without mailing mine to a friend on the opposite coast. [​IMG]

Any help would be great. I feel so stupid right now.

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    The firmware is only for 3ds compatibility, the latest eos is for dsi compatibility, download the latest eos from the top of the beginner's guide sticky and just extract it to the root of your microsd card and ur dstwo should now work