Need some help using USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by neonfire999, Jun 26, 2010.

Jun 26, 2010
  1. neonfire999
    OP

Newcomer neonfire999 Member

Canada
    Ok, I know questions like this are asked a lot but I Googled around and searched around on here and I didn't see anyone who had the same problem as me.
    I have downloaded the USB Loader GX and put it on my SD card and also used the wad manager to put it onto my system menu. Right now, I am at system menu 4.2U. I made a 50GB WBFS partition on my 250GB WD NTFS drive that IS compatible with the loader. I put 2 games on there and then plugged the USB into the bottom port (if it was lying down) and started up the USB Loader GX. I have tried this a couple times and sometimes it will show some code before going into the screen that say "Waiting for your slow USB device" and then a countdown from 30 seconds. When it counts down, sometimes 1/4 of the screen at the top will flash green (don't know if this matters). Also, sometimes, it won't even finish the countdown and just freeze and I have to power it down. Also, it sometimes adds a message saying "Make sure you have your USB in the right port" or something like that. When it does finish, it goes right back to the Wii menu.
    So ya, i don't really have any idea what I'm doing wrong so if anyone has any ideas that could help, it would really be appreciated. Thanks.

2. neonfire999
    OP

Canada
    anyone? I would really like to get this working. My Wii's disc drive doesn't work anymore and I want to play my games.

3. Karpador

Newcomer Karpador Advanced Member

United States
    is it a western digital my book?

4. neonfire999
    OP

Canada
    No, it's a WD Passport drive or whatever. But right after i posted that, I thought I'd try another USB cord, just to see if that worked, and it did. It works now. Thanks for attempting to help though. I feel bad now haha. [​IMG]

5. Karpador

Newcomer Karpador Advanced Member

United States
    haha its fine. ive had friends including myself have problems with WD drives so i was taking a shot in the dark.