Hacking need softmod advice

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mM's update server is down and is likely to stay down for the time being. But you can download game updates on your PC from https://a0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tpl/np/<TITLEID>/<TITLEID>-ver.xml (replace TITLEID by the BLES/BLUS of your game.

What happens exactly when you start the game? Does it black screen or what?

I'll check out the site and try to get the update (and apply it - just load it via the pkg loader, right?).
https://a0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tpl/np/<BLUS30682>/<BLUS30682>-ver.xml gets me a "file not found", am I missing something?

When I load it? Well, via mM I load it (tried with BDmirror on/off same results - loop, and direct boot black screens), goes back to XMB, load it there, it loads just as it does from the disc, then at the 3 game select screen, I choose L&D, then it goes through the whole loading this up to the L&D screen... on the disc it says "installing data..." but off the HDD it just fades the screen without that "loading data..." and goes through the slideshow. The HDD LED is flashing but not like the install flashing speed from the disc. Eventually it stops flashing and I've waiting up to 25 minutes. Any thoughts? ;_;

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah without the <> it gave me an error as well. https://a0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tpl/np/BLUS30682/BLUS30682-ver.xml
"XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: https://a0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tpl/np/BLUS30682/BLUS30682-ver.xml
Line Number 1, Column 1:"

And without the - before ver.xml gives file not found." Am I still messing it up?
http://www.gametdb.com/PS3/BLUS30682 this is the blus I found for the US version.

Loading the main game: yeah. It does the same thing that L&D does - loads as usual, fades to gray, HDD LED flashes differently than from disc, and then stops flashing while the slide show continues (with music).

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking the same thing. It does seem to stop flashing though which leads me to believe that it's not gonna happen.
On the subject, maybe I should/could do the game update? Though through mM it's not letting me.
If your PS3 is online, you can still safely perform a game update through XMB. After loading a game from mM, it'll send you back to the XMB; if there's an update for it, it'll prompt you as soon as you launch it. The current mM online problem is server related, not so much Playstation server related.

As for GTAIVCE, compatibility list says it should be fine. Personally, I'd delete the game data (if you've gotten that far) as it might be corrupt. Next, reset permissions within mM, and delete and re-rip if everything else fails.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have saves from GTAIV:CE but I do from the regular version (don't mind deleting them though).
Does the CE work for you?

I think the saves from the regular version are compatible with CE, so try deleting them (you can back them up to ur flash drive) as well maybe it's trying to load them and something is wrong with them.

It was working but I think this was from the days when I was still on kmeaw. I don't remember trying it on Rebug. I will try when I get the chance and let u know.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct, but this wouldn't work if the game is not starting though...
Well then, that definitely rules out any corrupt game data or game saves as well. Reset the permissions and make sure the BD-Mirror radio button is unticked; probably just a bad rip like you said.

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys~
So basically, I'll just get rid of everything GTAIV-related on my PS3, reinstall it, reset the permissions, no BD-mirror, and give it a shot again. I'll post after a bit (cuz the install does take a while and then the game install too).

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys~
So basically, I'll just get rid of everything GTAIV-related on my PS3, reinstall it, reset the permissions, no BD-mirror, and give it a shot again. I'll post after a bit (cuz the install does take a while and then the game install too).
That's right.

I never had to reset the permissions on any of my games though, mM does that automatically when you load the game the first time after you transfer it or whenever you install an update, in other words, whenever there are new files.

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I went and deleted everything I could find on GTAIV on my HDD, went to mM, installed it, no BD mirror, reset permissions just for the heck of it, and I loaded it via mM, to XMB, launched it, selected the main game, and like before, the screen dims (but doesn't show the "installing ..." screen), presumably it starts to install the data file but again, the LED flicker is different from installing from disc, then eventually tapers off to nothing and I'm guessing not installing. :( I waited 30 minutes and then quit because of the complete lack of a HDD light for more than 20 minutes. It leaves a 3kb file in the game data folder.
What could I try now?
(A day or two ago, I tried to run the disc-based installed game data with the blu-ray rip off the HDD but it didn't detect it... anyway to change paths or something like that?)

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No disc in (so yeah, discless). I guess I should try to launch it from the HDD with a disc in next (didn't remember that one).

(edit) Just tried it again with a disc in the drive and the LED tapered off even quicker this time, not even a minute.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/AkzulQxOgQs?si=UIe4puLCp7NoP3r7 seldom gbatemp shoutout +1