Hacking need softmod advice

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Try with a disk in and start it from the actual disc icon (not from app_home/ps3_game which becomes a disk icon with the text Playstation 3 when a game is mounted in mM)

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try with a disk in and start it from the actual disc icon (not from app_home/ps3_game which becomes a disk icon with the text Playstation 3 when a game is mounted in mM)

Just to double check, is this to see if the game installs? If so, it does. Or is this to see if it will launch from the disc using the HDD files??

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Both, so is it working with a disk in? If it is, then problem solved. The disk doesn't have to be the gta disk, it can be any original game disk. Always keep an old one inside and start your mounted games from it. It's less headache because many games don't work discless.

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, my question then is, it currently is installing from the game disc but by installing it this way, after the game install files are on the HDD, then I should try to launch it via mM>XMB>"app_home/ps3_game"AKA the game, while keeping any BR disc in the drive, right?

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
No, don't start it from app_home/ps3_game (Playstation 3), start it from the actual disk (any disc) that's in the drive which would be mounted as gta iv ce when you mount the game through mM.

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I loaded mM, selected the HDD rip of GTAIVCE, pressed square, radio button for game disc, and then hit start. At XMB, I chose the disc, not app_home/ps3_game (which was still displayed like that), and it didn't work... I am still doing it wrong?

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
I loaded mM, selected the HDD rip of GTAIVCE, pressed square, radio button for game disc, and then hit start. At XMB, I chose the disc, not app_home/ps3_game (which was still displayed like that), and it didn't work... I am still doing it wrong?
Remove the radio button from Game Disc.

app_home/ps3_game should change to Playstation 3 with a disc icon when you mount a game through mM.

Regardless, when you mount the game through mM, start it from the disk that's in the drive not from app_home/ps3_game (or Palystation 3).

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried it and it does get stuck on the loading screen with the music, then the music stops. When i tried to exit, the ps3 triple beeped and restarted. (Game data is already installed and i have a save with the story complete)

I will let u know if i manage to get it to work.

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK. Though for me, when I exit/quit the game via PS button, it does go back to the XMB as usual, no triple beep. On my side, it just stalls out.
Thanks for checking it out.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
After doing some research, it seams that this particular game is known to hang on the loading screen when mounted from internal on any CFW.

I now remember that I didn't complete the game on the Complete Edition, I played GTA IV (BLES00229) and GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City (BLES00887) as 2 separate games.

The Complete Edition (BLES01128) needs to be mounted from external or it needs a fix to work from internal:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c9cvqaecn10cj12

d.d.d.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah that's why yours worked.
I have actually seen that fix while searching for a resolution but, I have the US version; I didn't think it would work as it says the gameID has to match the European version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.