Need new printer...

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recently my dad got into digital photography. It was all very nice for him to take hi detailed pictures and stuff but it didn't help that it's all on the computer and not on a wall so he decided to print some out. Unfortunately our printer is a 3 year old Epson CX5400 and it's really starting to show its age with terrible print quality. So it's time for a new printer. Ideally the top prority would be for it to print excellent picture and also to have scan/copy function as well. And would it also hurt to have one that prints on CDs as well?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Recently my dad got into digital photography. It was all very nice for him to take hi detailed pictures and stuff but it didn't help that it's all on the computer and not on a wall so he decided to print some out. Unfortunately our printer is a 3 year old Epson CX5400 and it's really starting to show its age with terrible print quality. So it's time for a new printer. Ideally the top prority would be for it to print excellent picture and also to have scan/copy function as well. And would it also hurt to have one that prints on CDs as well?

Well, the Epson Stylus Photo is the only printer that can print on CDs (although I heard an HP one has just come out). I have the Epson Stylus Photo R220 and highly recommend the series. It's a wonderful machine. Plus, the ink is only like, $15 a cartridge (6 cartridges but it's better that way both print quality wise and cost wise).

EDIT: I'd recommend this one. There are higher versions but they just have useless features like an LCD screen so you can print if you don't actually have a PC hooked up to it.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Well, the Epson Stylus Photo is the only printer that can print on CDs (although I heard an HP one has just come out). I have the Epson Stylus Photo R220 and highly recommend the series. It's a wonderful machine. Plus, the ink is only like, $15 a cartridge (6 cartridges but it's better that way both print quality wise and cost wise).

EDIT: I'd recommend this one. There are higher versions but they just have useless features like an LCD screen so you can print if you don't actually have a PC hooked up to it.
R220 doesn't have a scanner/copier

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Epson RX560 would probably be a good choice - 6 cartridges, built in scanner and prints on discs. Retails for around £110.

Going up from that you can get 8 cartridge printers such as the Epson R800 which will do disc printing but do not have a scanner - these are a fair bit more expensive though, the R800 retails for around £200... not to mention cost more to run having 8 cartridges.
To be honest I think a 6 cartridge printer will be more than adequate for your needs and despite only having 6 cartridges they can produce some stunning printouts.

Of course there are other manufacters one could consider but there aren't too many which offer disc printing and besides Epson printers are so much cheaper to run.

smile.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first epson printer I ever had was great. 3 colours and it printed when it was first switched on. This photo printer I've got now, I could easily throw against the wall. Its just so slow loading the ink up before it prints. One good thing about the epson, I've never bought 1 original cartridge for it. They are way too expensive.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Epson RX560 would probably be a good choice - 6 cartridges, built in scanner and prints on discs. Retails for around £110.

Going up from that you can get 8 cartridge printers such as the Epson R800 which will do disc printing but do not have a scanner - these are a fair bit more expensive though, the R800 retails for around £200... not to mention cost more to run having 8 cartridges.
To be honest I think a 6 cartridge printer will be more than adequate for your needs and despite only having 6 cartridges they can produce some stunning printouts.

Of course there are other manufacters one could consider but there aren't too many which offer disc printing and besides Epson printers are so much cheaper to run.

smile.gif
Recommended place that sells it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol