Fujifilm reveals a mini-printer for the Nintendo Switch called the Instax Mini Link

sd.png

Have you ever longed to easily print screenshots of your favorite moments in games on the Nintendo Switch? Fujifilm is about to make such a concept a reality, with the unveiling of a new app for their Instax Mini Link, a small printer that connects to your smartphone. The Instax Mini Link, in tandem with the just-announced Instax for Nintendo Switch app, will connect to the device, where you'll be able to send your screenshots over to be printed. Fujifilm's printer is small enough to fit in your hand, and comes in white, with Neon Joy-Con colored red-and-blue accents. There's even a Pikachu case that you can get for the Instax Mini, making it look all the more like a device made to print your favorite pictures from the upcoming New Pokemon Snap game.

You'll also be able to edit your images in the app, adding frames and borders from Super Mario, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon Snap franchises. Both the Switch edition of the Mini Link printer and Instax app are set to launch on Android and iOS on April 30th--the same day as the aforementioned game--with the device retailing for £109.99, where it'll be sold in the USA, UK, and Japan.

Fujifilm’s Link is a smartphone printer that establishes a Bluetooth*4 connection with a smartphone via dedicated app to produce a high-quality instax print of an image on the smartphone. The app allows users to edit an image, combine it with a variety of frames that come with the app, or take the best moment out of video and print it out. The palm-top device is compact and weighs just 200g for excellent portability. Since its launch in October 2019, the printer has enjoyed huge popularity as a tool that turns every photo opportunity into fun time.

In addition to the current way of enjoying the Link, the new dedicated app “instax mini Link for Nintendo Switch” can produce an instax print out of a scene from game play, screenshot of a game character or a selected moment of video stored in the Nintendo Switch. When the users select an image saved on Nintendo Switch, the QR code will be displayed on the screen of Nintendo Switch. Then, when the users scan it with the dedicated app, the image will be transferred to the smartphone and displayed on the app. The image can be printed as it is or cropped.

The app’s screen design can be chosen from three themes, such as “Animal Crossing: New Horizons,” “Super Mario” and New Pokémon Snap, so that users can enjoy the world of their favorite game or character while operating the app. The app also comes with 59 new frames, featuring characters from the three games, to add to 36 frame designs available in the current Link app for use in the Frame Print function, in which an image can be combined with a frame design for printout. It enables the users to enjoy printing with the design frame of their favorite game. The dedicated app can be downloaded free of charge *5.

:arrow: Source

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright.. Definitely a niche item here. For those who want to print their Odyssey moments for some reason...
I just want support for smash bros

imagine the flex of destroying your friends in a match, screenshooting their failure, and both pulling out and setting up this bad boy so you can hang their L on your not so metaphorical wall of shame

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Kinda cool for the purposes of New Pokemon Snap. $120 is a bit steep, but if you've got a kid who wants to put Pokemon stickers/skins on everything it's probably the cheaper option in the long run.

Hell, if it can also print from other bluetooth devices, this is something even I'd want.

Yes it can print from other bluetooth devices (iPhone/Android), all they are doing is releasing a Switch app for it so you can print directly from your Switch. In fact that is what I use it for, printing off pocket sized polaroids from my Android phone.

Gameboy Printer new in 1998 was $59:95. According to pricecharting new now $120... with inflation you made around 20 bucks.

This isn't official Nintendo so I don't think it will be a sought after collectors item, a fun curiosity for someone to make a youtube video about in 10-15 years when they talk about weird almost useless peripherals that almost everyone forgot about by then (my favorite kind, this isn't weird enough for me though).

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Remember that it has been around for quite a while, the only thing that is changing is that it now supports the Switch, not just Android/iDevices. In fact I have the printer they are talking about so once I get my Switch hacked and start using it this will just be a nice free bonus feature.

109 pounds so this will be a 150$ printer? srs this is just a phone printer and it costs way too much since you cant even run it on switch itself, but need to use your phone... gb printer was affordable and used directly on the device.

No, you will be able to use it directly on the Switch as they are releasing a Switch app for it. No smartphone needed though personally I don't think it is worth getting just for the Switch functionality.

might make me get a switch! would it be possible if it used like the android app to send a payload of sort? this is off topic but i was thinking that a third party "controller" could send a driver of sorts to the switch, and this "driver" was a overload of sorts. this may be perfect because it has to interact with the gallery of the switch and read and possibly write data.

anyways cool product!

Nope, you won't be able to do that because the app will be on the Switch itself. I have the printer in question and it was designed to print pocket sized "polaroids" from your smartphone but now it can be paired and used with a Switch directly.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can't say I have. Nobody cares about paper pictures anymore, and paper video game screenshots seem even more pointless. I just can't picture someone showing off their physical photo album of video game screenshots like your grandparents might do with real photos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded