Hacking Need Help

cloud01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for reading and first my wii firmware is 3.4U and i have installed homebrew channel through bannerbomb.there is only two things i want to do on my wii is play GC backups and wii backups.my ios says 51 when i press the menu button in HBC.but when i open the mios patcher that came with the gc backup loader it says "current loaded ios is ios36. so i run that and then i run the GC backup loader the screen show the green GC symbo and says backup loader then it proceeds to a green screen and restarts my wii.if anyone can point me in the right direction thank you.

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Google "Waninkoko ios downgrader, it is the second link.
And it downgrades most of the IOSs to a version to allow softmods and homebrew that doesn't work with 3.4. Though the main IOS version is not needed to be changed.
But before the mIOS patcher run the cIOS installer that comes with the Wii backup loader.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if he wants to play backup GC games he just needs to use 'mios patcher XI' which installs a cMIOS.

if he wants to playu backup wii games, install cIOS_rev9 or higher then use a loader such as gamma loader, USB Loader etc.

OR install cIOSCORP and you can play wii games through the actual disc channel
smile.gif

but thats more complicated and risky.

cloud01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i tried the mios patch xi and it still green screen me and restarts.and the ios downgrader always fails. can i use wads?

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The actual gc backup launcher (0.2) did this for me too. My advice?

install cMIOS so it can be run through the wii backup launcher too (press x on the install screen) then use neogamma R4 to run your gc backups.

That was the only way they would work for me. They work flawlessly now.

cloud01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant install some wads.and i cant install any cios or firmware downgrade.?? if i downgrade to 3.2 will that help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD