wollmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone!
I want to go online with my DS and followed the instructions on the nintendo homepage, but there's a problem now: I don't know the WEP key and our router settings require a password. I moved out to a new apartment recently and since I was never responsible for all the computer stuff (usually my sister or friends helped), I have no idea how to get it. Our router is a Belkin F5D72230-4. I know the WLAN password, but that's all. I was never in need of the WEP key until now. So, can you please tell me if there is another way to get the key or change the password for the router settings? Thanks in advance! :3

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The WLAN password should be the key, unless it isn't set to WEP. Try admin as the username to log into the Belkin and leave the password field blank. If that doesn't work try admin for username and admin for the password. It may take different combinations of that.

If all else fails you can reset the router to default settings. Should be a button at the back of the router.

wollmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, I'm inside the settings, but I'm not really sure what to do now.

It says:

Wireless > Wireless bridge

Wireless Bridging or Wireless Distribution System (WDS) is used to connect Wireless Routers and Access Points together to extend a network.

1) Wireless channels must match between Router and AP.
2) Security settings (WEP) must match between Router and AP.
3) If MAC filtering is enabled, user must be sure to add the WLAN MAC address(es) of the Router/AP in order to allow communication with each other.

And the options are:

Enable Wireless Bridging. (enabling this feature allows other Access Points to connect to this Access Point.)
Enable ONLY specific Access Points to connect. (Enter Wireless MAC Address of AP to connect to. If this Item is not checked, any AP can connect. Note: when connecting APs, at least one needs to call out the MAC address of the other. Hint: the MAC Address can be found using a site survey on a wireless client card.)

And there are AP1-4.

I haven't changed anything here yet
---

The nintendo site only says the WEP-information should be on this register card, but there's no key there. I tried the WLAN password as WEP key but it doesn't work. So then I used this page http://www.mzo-support.de/wep-key.htm to translate the WLAN password into a WEP key and for the first time, it actually worked and I got the chance to "test connection". But then I got the error code 51300: Unable to connect to an access point. °_°

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You don't want to wireless bridge or to use WDS. Those are only for connecting up with another wireless router or access point.

I'm not familiar with the layout of the Belkin config page. There should be a page with SSID name, wireless channel, and security. Take your time and go through each page and see if you can find it.

I'm guessing your wireless is currently using WPA encryption for your WLAN and is the reason why the WLAN password isn't working on your DS. The DS only supports WEP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1