Need help with some type of pirate multicart

Derpdude32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning, I would like some help with what appears to be a pirate multicart running ace3ds+, and having recently learned about r4s and thinking that this might be one(I uploaded a few of my favorite games to it) I was wondering if i could get some help setting up GBARunner2 on it?
For reference these are what the case and the cartridge look like:

Attachments

• ACE3DS_Multicart_Cartridge.jpg
    ACE3DS_Multicart_Cartridge.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 106
  • ACE3DS_Multicart1.jpg
    ACE3DS_Multicart1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 70

Derpdude32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did and i got GBArunner up and running but i am having some glitches on screen and occasionally a few seconds of audio glitching out
Is there a way to update the firmware on it or replace the firmware entirely?

KGBEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own this card, but in many cards the gba emulation isn't perfect
and often there are some audio glitches.
People normally get used to them.
I guess you have a nintendo 3DS did you consider hacking the system so
FC don't need to be used?

Derpdude32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own this card, but in many cards the gba emulation isn't perfect
and often there are some audio glitches.
People normally get used to them.
I guess you have a nintendo 3DS did you consider hacking the system so
FC don't need to be used?
I have a DSi so i dont know what you mean,
Is there a custom firmware i can install on the DSi or the card that will allow me to emulate things more perfectly persay?

KGBEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSi so i dont know what you mean,
Is there a custom firmware i can install on the DSi or the card that will allow me to emulate things more perfectly persay?
Yep there's a hack for dsi and 3ds that allows theses system run roms without FC.
Although I'm not sure about the quality of gba emulation on dsi, a little survey may be
necessary.
Or sometone can come by and put some light on it.

Derpdude32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already did as a precaution, completely blanked it and put it in an old camera
Got a 32 gigabyte one by mistake though
Unreturnable so now i have something with enough storage for every single gba game in existence

Derpdude32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i do the kernels and etc, and what are all the specifics for me to set the format for the card for?
I apologize for the stupid questions but i am rather confused

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do i do the kernels and etc, and what are all the specifics for me to set the format for the card for?
I apologize for the stupid questions but i am rather confused
The SD format guide tells you exactly how you should be formatting your SD card. If it doesn't mention a setting, then ignore the setting, simple as that. Just read the instructions and follow through.

After that, I linked the kernel download above already, which you can extract the files from and place on the root of the SD card.

Derpdude32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD format guide tells you exactly how you should be formatting your SD card. If it doesn't mention a setting, then ignore the setting, simple as that. Just read the instructions and follow through.

After that, I linked the kernel download above already, which you can extract the files from and place on the root of the SD card.
Ok i got everything up and running properly but, the NES emulator is having very massive sound issues, and the SNES emulator when booted up says TABLE: 0205B9E0 (13600) BLOCK: 0205EF08 (3481600) ***XMEM INIT COMPLETE*** FS Failure, continue anyway.... Load conf1 Load conf2 Load conf3 Load conf4 TWL Mode detected Want to use TWL touchscreen?
(X) Yes
(Y) No (Legacy NTR touchscreen)
Dont know whats going on because no matter what i select it presents me with a blank screen with only a * on it and nothing happens no matter what buttons are pressed
What next?
Also is there a way for me to bypass the microphone things on ds games? Because i have tried eveything and cant get my mic to work, even opened up the ds and checked everything was good and i tried the lifting up the mic pins next to the headphone jack.
Nothing works

Last edited by Derpdude32,

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok i got everything up and running properly but, the NES emulator is having very massive sound issues, and the SNES emulator when booted up says TABLE: 0205B9E0 (13600) BLOCK: 0205EF08 (3481600) ***XMEM INIT COMPLETE*** FS Failure, continue anyway.... Load conf1 Load conf2 Load conf3 Load conf4 TWL Mode detected Want to use TWL touchscreen?
(X) Yes
(Y) No (Legacy NTR touchscreen)
Dont know whats going on because no matter what i select it presents me with a blank screen with only a * on it and nothing happens no matter what buttons are pressed
What next?
Also is there a way for me to bypass the microphone things on ds games? Because i have tried eveything and cant get my mic to work, even opened up the ds and checked everything was good and i tried the lifting up the mic pins next to the headphone jack.
Nothing works
FS failure... huh. I don't have that issue on mine though, weird. I'll double check.

The bundled NES emulator is nesDS. Unfortunately that is the latest version so it's as good as it gets.

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I took a look at the SNES emulator again and it seems it is failing to properly read the SD card when run on a DSi or 3DS in comparison to regular DS. So it's an SNEmulDS bug. I'll report this to Coto and see what he thinks.

I don't think there is a mic bypass, no.

EDIT: good news. I've confirmed with Coto that it's an issue and I will update the SNES emu when it gets sorted out.

Last edited by lifehackerhansol,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night