Need help with savsender

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by croagunk.master, Jan 24, 2010.

Jan 24, 2010
  1. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

Hi. Im trying to run savsender on my dsi. It works fine, dumps my sav to the pc, and I can confirm that it's 512 KB in size. But I can't get my rom to recognize it and neither would my pokesav. I need help in making this work or can someone suggest something else?
    It is a Pokemon Pearl cart save that I am trying to backup. I am trying to run it on my flashcart (ak2i) and the name of the .nds file is a.nds and its a.sav for the save file. And before anyone suggests, I get the cannot read from flash error when I use eepinator and NDS Backuptool failed as well

2. mauripena

Newcomer mauripena Advanced Member

Greece
    what more do you need to know to understand that the save file becomes corrupted and you can't repair it?

3. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

Is there a way to stop this from happening???

4. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    corrupt saves are usually because their crc check failed. This could be caused because not EVERYTHING was sent? Try "sending" the save again

5. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

Well, i have tried sending it about 5 times. Sav restore fails as well. By fails I mean that it sends the sav to the gamecart but the gamecart doesnt recongnize it and it shows new game.

6. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    NO! TRY NDS BACKUP TOOL FTPd! Next time, can you NOT double post? We ALL have a LIFE you know?

7. SignZ

Member SignZ Timelord

Germany
    This ^

8. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    croagunk.master, please don't bump threads, double post and one-word post, they are all against forum rules.

Since you are new to GBAtemp, I won't give you an actual warn, but consider this reply your warning.

Please read the forum rules:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=boardrules

9. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I don't think SavSender works with the Pokemon games. I believe they were the first games to use 1 MB save files, and SavSender was made back when the max was 512 KB, so it has no idea the second half of the save file even exists.

10. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Nope it does work with them. My diamond works with savsender and I have successfully sent it and replaced the save on mine. I think diamond/pearl uses 512kb saves while platnium uses 1mb saves.

11. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Hm, then I was mistaken. Could be the fact that it's running on a DSi then, but that's really the only other idea I've got.