Need help with PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by BlazerX, Sep 27, 2011.

Sep 27, 2011

Need help with PS3 by BlazerX at 8:13 PM (675 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. BlazerX
    OP

Member BlazerX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hey guys at temp i need help fixing my ps3 its a 80gb Model, ok the problem is that its over heating the fan is running kinda slow,but after like 5mins on it overheats how can i fix this.
    Edit:It was working last night then it did it the fan is running slow is there anyway i can rig it to go faster?

2. businessphones

Newcomer businessphones Newbie

United States
    I had the same problem about 2 month ago and can not resolve it until now.

3. Techrosh

Newcomer Techrosh Member

United Kingdom
    Pour water over it when it over heats, I heard it fixes it with a slight side effect.

4. sparks97

Newcomer sparks97 Member

United Kingdom
    if its overheating it needs the dust and carpet fluff its collected blowing/cleaning out, if its on a carpetalso try placing it on a board which will raise it up slightly and make a clear gap for the vents, if you have it in a tv stand/unit make sure it gets plenty of air circulating around and under it and the doors are open.

5. SteelLegend

Newcomer SteelLegend Newbie

United Kingdom
    You could add a variable resistor between the +5v psu output and the grey wire connected to the fan. There's some good videos to show you how on the favourite video site. It does involve drilling a hole in your case somewhere.
    A second option is to buy from ebay an electronic component they call a pulse width modulator to increase the fan speed. (if it works).
    Thirdly, (which should be first) it may just be a case of dismantling the ps3, clearing away any dust and crap with a hoover and tissues, re-paste the chips with some quality thermal paste and re-build it.