Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
download the .zip off the homepage
download some supported neogeo mame roms (from somewhere).
download the universe bios v3.2 (google it)

read the included read me.. (thats why the authors take time to write them, so you don't have to post on forums asking how to set it up).

do what the read me says, its real easy with the universe bios.

flash over the .nds file and the roms it converts to your flash kit.
play and enjoy.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
again did you open the read me file?

"Next you will need to convert some NeoGeo roms (mslug.zip for example). You also need a bios rom (neogeo.zip). NeoDS uses the same rom sets as MAME, so make sure your games work in MAME before proceeding. Put all the roms you want to convert along with the bios together in a folder. Copy NeoDSConvert.exe into the same folder. Run NeoDSConvert, and it will convert all the NeoGeo roms in that folder. The converted roms will have the *.neo extension."

please man, seriously.... read the readme file thats why they are included! =)

-another world

Jerme

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol k

i tried to do everything... neodsconvert wont even work a black pop up thing comes up then instantly dissapears i give up

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
*sigh* 3rd time here... from the read me...

USING THE EMULATOR

Required:
* Nintendo DS (lite)
* DLDI compatible flash card
Optional:
* Slot2 flashcard with RAM (Opera expansion, SuperCard lite, etc.)

First, you need to patch NeoDS.nds for your DLDI flash card (NOTE - not all flashcards require patching). See here: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/index.html. Please don't email me for help about this, there are plenty of places online that explain how this works.

Next you will need to convert some NeoGeo roms (mslug.zip for example). You also need a bios rom (neogeo.zip). NeoDS uses the same rom sets as MAME, so make sure your games work in MAME before proceeding. Put all the roms you want to convert along with the bios together in a folder. Copy NeoDSConvert.exe into the same folder. Run NeoDSConvert, and it will convert all the NeoGeo roms in that folder. The converted roms will have the *.neo extension.

Copy the DLDI patched NeoDS.nds, and all the *.neo roms into the root of your flashcard. Run NeoDS.nds. The main menu should load, showing you a list of all the roms on your card. Use the arrow keys to select, and press start to choose. The rom should load, and you should be playing. You can load a rom without audio which will improve frame rate, but you won't get any sound (obviously). Once a game is loaded without audio, the only way to get audio back is to reload the game. Some games will freeze with audio disabled, so be warned!

If you have a supported flashcard with external ram in the GBA slot, NeoDS will use the extra ram to cache more data. This will improve the speed of some games, but is never required. The main gui screen will display the text SLOT2 if this feature is active.

Default Controls
[Arrow keys] - Arrow keys
[A, B, X, Y] - A, B, C, D
[L] - Pause
[R] - Select (acts as coin input using newer versions of universal bios)
[Start] - Start
[Select] - Coin

The NeoDS gui is controlled with the stylus.
* Video - Video can be normal or scaled. Normal is a cropped screen. Scaled shows the full screen, but scaled down to fit.

* CPU Clock- The NeoGeo cpu can be underclocked. This can actually make some games run faster! It is easier for NeoDS to emulate a slower cpu, and some NeoGeo games don't use the full cpu power anyway. Experiment and see.

* Screen Off - The lower screen can be turned off. Touch anywhere to turn it back on.

* Load rom - Load a new game

* Save - Write the current configuration and sram to the flashcard

* Input - Remap the input

The input configuraiton screen is a grid. DS buttons are down the right side of the screen. NeoGeo buttons are along the top of the screen. Each row of boxes coorisponds to one DS button. Putting a check in a box maps a NeoGeo button to a DS button. You can map multiple NeoGeo buttons to a single DS button this way. This can be useful for fighting games, or for other things.

Please report any crashes to me. The more info you can give me, the better. Thanks!

ADVANCED

You can run NeoDSConvert from the command line. In this case, it takes up to 2 parameters.
-bios0 use the Europe MVS (Ver. 2)
-bios1 use the Europe MVS (Ver. 1)
-bios2 use the US MVS (Ver. 2?)
-bios3 use the US MVS (Ver. 1)
-bios4 use the Asia MVS (Ver. 3)
-bios5 use the Japan MVS (Ver. 3)
-bios6 use the Japan MVS (Ver. 2)
-bios7 use the Japan MVS (Ver. 1)
-bios8 use the Universe Bios
-bios9 use the Debug MVS
-bios10 use the Asia AES
-bios11 use the Japan AES
If there is another parameter, it will be interpreted as the name of the game, as given to MAME. In this case, only this rom will be converted.

For example, pretend you want to convert Metal Slug 1, using the japan-s2 bios. Create a new directory (C:\roms). Copy mslug.zip and NeoDsConvert.exe into C:\roms. To open a command line, click start, select "run...", type "cmd", and press enter. Type "cd c:\roms". Press enter. Then type "NeoDSConvert -bios6 mslug". Press enter.

If you want to use the universal bios, name the file uni-bios.rom, and add it to neogeo.zip. This enables lots of nice features like switching between home and arcade mode, and cheats. This is the recommended way to use NeoDS.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.