Hacking NEED HELP URGENT

hypershaodw008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can sum1 please help me my ds hinge broke and i can see the ribbon wire but wen i play metroid prime hunters and other games the screen looks all funi pls help

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You will not be able to use it for a while
wink.gif

You need to replace the case to fix the hinge, you can buy them for around $20 at dealextreme.com (but will take 1-2 weeks shipping).

However this will only help if the ribbon cable is fully intact! If the picture is all funny it might mean that it is not, or it may just be a loose connection (which would be OK)

So I would recommend taking apart the DS to check that the ribbon cable is OK, and if it is then get a replacement case. If it is not OK then you will also need a new top screen, which is a lot more work to install...

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
can't you just replace the screen cable? or is it soldered on, in which case you would need a smt rework station to replace it....
You mean the ribbon cable? It's kinda attached to the LCD... plus you can't AFAIK buy them seperately. It'll be easier to replace the screen if the ribbon cable is broken.

hypershaodw008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hypershaodw008 said:
Raika said:
you should post this in the ds discussion hardware section to get the help you need
ye ive ordered 1 but im mainly concerned about the cable i dont really wanna get a new ribbon

damn i replyed to the rong post
IGNORE THIS

Posts merged

QUOTE(Joey90 @ Oct 7 2008, 05:51 PM)
You will not be able to use it for a while
wink.gif

You need to replace the case to fix the hinge, you can buy them for around $20 at dealextreme.com (but will take 1-2 weeks shipping).

However this will only help if the ribbon cable is fully intact! If the picture is all funny it might mean that it is not, or it may just be a loose connection (which would be OK)

So I would recommend taking apart the DS to check that the ribbon cable is OK, and if it is then get a replacement case. If it is not OK then you will also need a new top screen, which is a lot more work to install...
ye ive ordered 1 but im mainly concerned about the cable i dont really wanna get a new ribbon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv