Gaming Need help to connect my DSL modem to my WiFi router.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
So here we go.

I own a D-Link 2520u DSL model and a AirLink 101 SuperG WiFi router and I want the latter one to get internet from the DSL modem and distribute it to my Laptop via WiFi and my Xbox via one of LAN ports.

The DSL modem has a LAN port and a USB port (which I don't use) and the WiFi router has one WAN port and four LAN ports and ofcourse an antenna.

I owned another DSL modem from a previous ISP company for 4 days and it worked like a charm but with this one, I either have problems of not being able to connect or in the best cases, connecting for one day or two and then disconnecting, and the problem is the WiFi router.

I think I need a guide on how to set IP addresses on both devices or something like that.

Last time I desperately tried connecting DSL modem directly to my laptop but it didn't work but when I set the DNS server to 4.2.2.3, it worked. Why it didn't work with the automatic DNS acquiring from the modem?

One of the strange things with this DSL modem is that in the manul of WiFi router it stated that I have to connect my DSL modem to its WAN port (like what I did with previous modem and it worked) but the only way I could get connection with this modem was to connecting it to one of LAN ports of the WiFi router!

A friend told me that I have to disable DHCP on the WiFi router if I want to connect them both but I think that didn't do anything and I believe I have to have DHCP on the WiFi router because I think its a separate Network Space and needs its own IP addresses to send and receive packets to the devices connected to it and those devices has nothing to do with the DSL modem.

Anoter thing, I connect yo my internet via PPPoE with username and password and there was a setting for this in the WiFi, I could once get this to work with the username and password and once without it, which is DHCP setting instead of PPPoE.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-