[Need Help] Stuck on Nintendo 3ds Screen After Downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by gogas, Feb 29, 2016.

1. gogas
    OP

gogas Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2012
    Hi guys I had a o3ds XL and a gateway card (running 8.1 sysnand or something) and everything was working great untill i decided to downgrade it to avoid having to use the browser exploit.

Everything went ok, the downgrade went well and I can boot into gateway mode using the ds profile exploit, but for some reason when i try to boot a game say Fire Emblem Fates I get stuck on "Nintendo 3ds Black" screen. I'm guessing it's because the emunand firmware should be 10.5 the lastest supported but if I update now using the Official Nintendo Update through the settings app I'm going to end up with a 10.6 emunand which is still not supported by gateway right?

So now I'm wondering what i should do so I can start playing games again.
    Thank you

2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    You can use SysUpdater to update to 10.5. Just download the upgrade CIAs.

3. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    gateway works with 10.6 emunand

4. gogas
    OP

gogas Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2012
    I tried updating my emunand through the Settings app, the system rebooted and afterwards when I tried to boot into gateway mode I got a black screen

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If I were to use sysupdater I would install the sysUpdater.cia, download the 10.5 firmware files stick them into SD Card:/update/ and run the app?

5. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Sure you're using GW 3.7.0 or higher?

6. gogas
    OP

gogas Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2012