Hacking Need help, somethings wrong with my touch screen

Klightx15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i was tightening my ds shell i got from dealextreme cuz it was very loose and the squeeking was bothering me, i tightened 2 screws in the opposite corners and (i dropped my ds while doing this so idk if that had anything to do with it) and when i turned it on my touch screen looked like this:

IMG_0937-1.jpg

the touch screen works, its just grey and dark, im wondering if something inside might have gotten mildly disconnected or if i damaged my screen permanently and need a new one. i did notice one thing after i swapped the shell the first time, when i pressed the buttons or touched the bottom screen, in the top left corner there would appear what looked like some sort of pressure being applied on the screen even though i dont believe there was any. almost like when you press on a screen too hard and the colors start to blend and melt, and that would disappear as soon as id let go of the + or lift the stylus from the screen.
unsure.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Klightx15 said:
so i was tightening my ds shell i got from dealextreme cuz it was very loose and the squeeking was bothering me, i tightened 2 screws in the opposite corners and (i dropped my ds while doing this so idk if that had anything to do with it) and when i turned it on my touch screen looked like this:

IMG_0937-1.jpg

the touch screen works, its just grey and dark, im wondering if something inside might have gotten mildly disconnected or if i damaged my screen permanently and need a new one. i did notice one thing after i swapped the shell the first time, when i pressed the buttons or touched the bottom screen, in the top left corner there would appear what looked like some sort of pressure being applied on the screen even though i dont believe there was any. almost like when you press on a screen too hard and the colors start to blend and melt, and that would disappear as soon as id let go of the + or lift the stylus from the screen.
unsure.gif

Did you take it apart to look? That might be a good idea.

Klightx15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not yet i came here to see if anyone else had this problem or knew how to solve it before i go tinkering with it and break something else

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Check the little variable resistors inside the battery compartment. I forget which is which but one adjusts the top screen and one adjusts the bottom screen. When they get out of whack, that is the sort of effect you get.

It's unlikely, but dropping the DS might have somehow damaged the variable resistor (aka trimmer, trim pot)

More likely, when changing the case you may have accidentally twisted the trimmer thinking it was a screw.

-Atashi

Klightx15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atashi said:
Check the little variable resistors inside the battery compartment. I forget which is which but one adjusts the top screen and one adjusts the bottom screen. When they get out of whack, that is the sort of effect you get.

It's unlikely, but dropping the DS might have somehow damaged the variable resistor (aka trimmer, trim pot)

More likely, when changing the case you may have accidentally twisted the trimmer thinking it was a screw.

-Atashi

i actually just did that b efore you posted it. i fixed my screen but now i have a stripped triwing screw -.- FML!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill