Hacking Need Help Ripping ISO

heroftime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using WiidumpSD to dump games and have tested a gamecube game and parts of wii games (which can be ignored as I have not ripped the whole disk, only parts, as the SD dumper wites in segments).

However, my completed Gamecube rip is a single 1.4GB .bin file; most walkthroughs I have found either suggest I use an LG burner (which I would rather not buy, despite how inexpensive they may seem to be), or that the SD dumper dumps files in a .iso format. Other walkthroughs suggest I use CMD prompt of HJsplit to merge multiple files together, but being a Gamecube game I only have one file.

Just to be sure I tried burning the .bin file, with no success. So I changed the format to a .bin just by renaming it (I know I did not just rename it, but actualy changed the format as the file icon on my computer changed from a unkown image to a winrar image.

If I have explained myself well enough... What have I done wrong and what should I be doing?

I'm using one of the first wii consoles with the latest firmware (I actualy have all my hacks working otherwise; I can play other backup games; just not burn them). I'm using a Sandisk 2GB MicroSD and WiidumpSD 1.2

Help is greatly appreciated. Patience for my lack of understanding is further appreciated.

Argon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well, you should have the Game on your SD card, so insert the card and drag the iso to the desktop or wherever you want and burn it. I can't really help you from here until I know how you're burning it. Use img burn if you're not already. Then launch it and do like the picture.

20px952.png

Then browse for the .bin file. (Renaming the extension won't actual change the file format. So, change it back to .bin then hit the little magnifying glass on the folder icon in imgburn and find the .bin file. Set the write speed to 4x. This works the best. Then insert the Dvd in your Dvd drive. Usually any dvd writer works. Then burn it and try to play it with the Backup launcher of your choice.

heroftime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a .bin file will work? Thank you.

I'll try using a different DVD media; I was testing a DVD-RW disk, but it might not work. I'll try a DVD-R and if that fails I'll try USB loader. I'll reply with my results.

Thank you very much.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- Just use the dumper to dump over wifi. It will give you a little url to type in your PC. Then you visit that url and you can download a ISO from the wii. About 40mins for a game. You get the full image, with all update partition stuff.

or

2- Use a USB loader to dump a game to a wbfs media and then use a PC to move the game to an ISO file. about 7 minutes to rip the game and another 5 to move the game to the PC. You only get the game partition of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk