GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
i have an hour an a half until I go to meet the guy to sell my G6. I'm backing up my saves but there are no saves! I turn it on and the G6 plays the game with my save!! WTF!!

where is it saving my files? I have a G6 lite!

Elite Beat Agents---GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

the backup save G6 feature wont work because there are no save files!!! I think it saves to the SRAM, but there is no SRAM > Default option!!! any homebrew would help?

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
wow, talk about leaving it to the last minute.
Ok, what you have 2 do to backup your save files to your pc is open your u disk manager, select the game you wanna backup your sves and yull notice that underneath the rom list there is the save name list , every game has 3 save files example (mario.0, mario.1 and mario.2) youll need to click on each of this save files and click on the read button on the left and just save it on the disc.

if you cant see the files on the manager ... well id back up all the contents of your cart to the computer, and hope its all there later

or even if you load your g6 on the ds and your in your rom list if you press select while your game is highlighted youll see severazl defaults for saving your game ... maybe selecting "default-ds card" or some other option like "default -1" will do and make you be able to backup using the manager when yu plug the card back at the pc

hope it helps

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
no, manger doesnt make the save files. there were no saves what so ever on my G6 Lite besides the SRAM! BUT I FIGURED IT OUT!!! WOOOOT!!! I had a good epiphany like a minute ago and tried it. It worked.

What I did to back up an invisible save:
1: go to some site that has a save file for that game for download.
2: use shuny's converter to convert to appropriate type
3: make at least a .0 file (.0 is the extension, prefix being the ROM named as named on your G6)
4: highlite game, select (button), SRAM>DEFAULT (default = the .0 file)
5: boom the save is trasferred and the old save that was from some gay site is now written over with your new/old/current save!!!

yay me! I made something!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: