• Start date
  • Views 8,217
  • Replies 77

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that on new 3ds downgraded to 2.1 you can update to 4.5(not over this) and then install mset with a flashcart and restore nand with gw

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
I think that on new 3ds downgraded to 2.1 you can update to 4.5(not over this) and then install mset with a flashcart and restore nand with gw
nope, cause a cart update on an unbricked n3ds would ONLY brick the 3ds even more

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait.. Isn't that dumping OTP use OTPHelper which also can restore NAND?
the old guide didin't used otphelper, at that time, it didn't existed

D

Deleted User

OP
OMG. What must I say to my friend. "Your 3DS is blinking in colors, isn't it great?"

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, this is my bad. I forgot to toggle WiFi. So, in 2.1 I can't do anything. I have Sky3DS though. What must I do?

And is it normal that 2.1 New3DS screen blink colors?
IF you have all NAND backups while following the guide (assuming you have sysNAND_original.bin as per guide)

You need to get a game cart that should contain a 4.x update firmware (look at 3dsdb site)

You can also use a .3ds game rom too since you have sky3ds cart (not recommended, only try if have no other way)

Follow this guide (from paragraph just above "What You Need"):

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/3DS-Stuck-(2.1.0-Without-Functional-Browser)

I haven't tested it myself so ask other members before proceeding. This seemingly enables WiFi on N3DS when trying update using cart to 4.x. After which you should use your sysNAND backup to restore

Reactions: d0k3

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IF you have all NAND backups while following the guide (assuming you have sysNAND_original.bin as per guide):
You need to get a game cart that should contain a 4.x update firmware (look at 3dsdb site)

You can also use a .3ds game rom too since you have sky3ds cart (not recommended, only try if have no other way)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/3DS-Stuck-(2.1.0-Without-Functional-Browser)

I haven't tested it myself so ask other members before proceeding. This seemingly enables WiFi on N3DS when trying update using cart to 4.x. After which you should use your sysNAND backup to restore
That's what I was saying, thanks for the confirmation

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I was saying, thanks for the confirmation
Yea, the thing is that this specific part of guide is so confusing that most people would have missed and thought they are bricked and have to wait for solution (but that's only if they either forgot to make or lost sysNAND backups).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NICE!!.

EDIT: The guide said that updating to 4.x can turn on the wireless. What if it can't? Ninjhax?
Then MSET exploit (requires a DS flashcart) can work. But from there onwards I'm not sure exactly what steps to perform to get Decrypt9 to work in order to restore sysNAND backup.

DO NOT TRY GW Launcher.dat restore NAND function! (unless someone with hardmod can confirm 100% that sysNAND backups made using Decrypt9 could work).

PS. If that could be guaranteed then I myself could safely go ahead and perform A9LX on my N3DS XL too :mellow: It is because of these risks that I'm not attempting A9LX even though it went fine with mine O3DS XL

Last edited by Just3DS,
Reactions: Mazamin
D

Deleted User

OP
CIRCUMSTANCES GREW WORSE. Now booting says error occured and told me to power. Oh my..

EDIT: update with Luigi Mansion (4.5)

EDIT2: seems like sending to modder is the only way.

Last edited by ,

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
CIRCUMSTANCES GREW WORSE. Now booting says error occured and told me to power. Oh my..

EDIT: update with Luigi Mansion (4.5)

EDIT2: seems like sending to modder is the only way.
Keep your sysNAND backups safe at multiple locations. Hope you get it sorted out soon :(
Does the error occur almost immediately or after a while? Tried with sd card out of console?

Last edited by Just3DS,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
IF you have all NAND backups while following the guide (assuming you have sysNAND_original.bin as per guide)

Seconding that. With all the stuff we are now checking, forgetting Wifi (can't check that...) is the one thing that still makes this dangerous. Try Just3DS' method and cross your fingers. Be prepared to have to hardmod this.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Seconding that. With all the stuff we are now checking, forgetting Wifi (can't check that...) is the one thing that still makes this dangerous. Try Just3DS' method and cross your fingers. Be prepared to have to hardmod this.
This is not my method and I'm not claiming it in anyway :ohnoes:. Only mentioned because it is written there in the guide that might have gone missed out by many (as it is not so clear).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)