Homebrew NEED HELP! Making DS homebrew applications/games

Happi2Night

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! I know this might sound awkward, but I want to make my own NDS application/games and I don't know how to start. Right now I am studying C programming and I might start C++ programming soon. Right now I installed devkitPRO but I don't get what to do with it. Is there anyone that can teach me how to program things? I would rather be an under study of a sucessful homebrewer than studying by myself. I can't understand what I am studying sometimes...Please the ones willing to help me make my own NDS applications....

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dsgamemaker is pretty crap imo, because i cant get it to compile stuff, despite following the instructions very carefully. also, you can make much better programs and games by using C++ with DevKitPro, and dsgamemaker requires PALib, which makes you downgrade DevKitPro, so if you then want to make decent apps and games, you have to reinstall DevKitPro.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
dsgamemaker is pretty crap imo, because i cant get it to compile stuff, despite following the instructions very carefully. also, you can make much better programs and games by using C++ with DevKitPro, and dsgamemaker requires PALib, which makes you downgrade DevKitPro, so if you then want to make decent apps and games, you have to reinstall DevKitPro.

I used to have that prob on my pc but it works fine on my laptop. and yeah it's a bit suckish you have to downgrade but it's a hell of a lot easier!

anandjones

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Please do not even consider that program. Psyfira, that is libnds, you're using the wrong terms. Also, the Dev-Scene Dovoto's tutorials haven't been updated with the new API as far as I know.

Uruku Xul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i needed to know this to tnx
evil.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.