NEED HELP! Making DS homebrew applications/games

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Happi2Night, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Happi2Night
    OP

Newcomer Happi2Night Newbie

United States
    Hey there! I know this might sound awkward, but I want to make my own NDS application/games and I don't know how to start. Right now I am studying C programming and I might start C++ programming soon. Right now I installed devkitPRO but I don't get what to do with it. Is there anyone that can teach me how to program things? I would rather be an under study of a sucessful homebrewer than studying by myself. I can't understand what I am studying sometimes...Please the ones willing to help me make my own NDS applications....

2. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    dsgamemaker is pretty crap imo, because i cant get it to compile stuff, despite following the instructions very carefully. also, you can make much better programs and games by using C++ with DevKitPro, and dsgamemaker requires PALib, which makes you downgrade DevKitPro, so if you then want to make decent apps and games, you have to reinstall DevKitPro.

4. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
  5. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I used to have that prob on my pc but it works fine on my laptop. and yeah it's a bit suckish you have to downgrade but it's a hell of a lot easier!

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    There's a pretty good tutorial on using C with Devkitpro over on Patater.com, and some other useful information in this post, including a link to the libnds API documentation.

7. anandjones

Member anandjones GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Please do not even consider that program. Psyfira, that is libnds, you're using the wrong terms. Also, the Dev-Scene Dovoto's tutorials haven't been updated with the new API as far as I know.

8. Uruku Xul

Newcomer Uruku Xul Newbie

United States
    i needed to know this to tnx [​IMG]