Homebrew Need Help Making a Book

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zeldainmypocket.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright. So I'm basically wanting to put together a few picture books/comics (i.e. images) as a NDS game. I have no experience with anything of the sort, other than image-type stuff. I don't want anything particularly fancy. Maybe just touching the screen to go forward/backward. How hard would this be, and how would I go about doing it?

I tried messing around with something called DS Game Maker, but after installation, it crashes every time I try to run it. Alternatives?

Thanks.

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zeldainmypocket.com
XP
Country
United States
OK, Skull. It'll be a day or two before I get everything in order.

No. I want my own program.
tongue.gif
CBDS would ruin the idea- If people have to go download another program, they might as well just download the stuff online. I guess you could just say that I want a .nds file, and that only.

I also want to add looping background music.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skullcollector said:
But this IS a simple project.
It is complex for someone who doesn't have coding experience.

QUOTE(Alter @ Nov 11 2009, 06:51 PM) My goodness. I think placing a few images in order is about as simple as it gets. Not like I'm remaking Ocarina of Time or something...

I actually think that there is nothing as simple. I mean, there's no animations, movement, etc.
I find its best to start out with a "Hello World" program and work my way up from there when I am learning a new programing language. Although if you use DsGameMaker you might be able to make your book without using any code(I have never used DsGameMaker so I'm not sure about this).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)