Need help installing cMIOS to run GC Backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NJim, Jun 16, 2011.

Jun 16, 2011
  1. NJim
    OP

Newcomer NJim Member

Australia
    Hi, I need some help. I can't seem to install the WiiGator/WiiPower RVL-mios-v10 cMIOS (from here http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...-your-wii.html).
    All 3 options when installing (USB, SD, Download) give me errors saying "error reading MIOS into memory".
    I have ensured that the .wad is in the right spot, is named correctly, and that Pack Wad was selected in NUS when downloading it.
    Is there something I'm missing?

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Could you please try the recommended cMIOS from the neogamma r9 beta test thread? If you still get the error say it please.

3. NJim
    OP

Newcomer NJim Member

Australia
    Alright, I'll try that. Hold on.

EDIT: Yeah, the one from the NeoGamma thread is identical to the one I'm trying to use. I gave it a go just in case, but it still gave me the same error: "USB Storage Error. Error reading MIOS into memory. Press any button to exit"

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    When it asks you what IOS you want to use, make sure you choose IOS236. If you continue to have issues, I recommend using ModMii to prepackage the cMIOS as a WAD you can just install it using your common variety WAD manager.

5. NJim
    OP

Newcomer NJim Member

Australia
    I've been trying to install it to IOS249 as directed in that tutorial. I did not have IOS236 installed, so I used ModMii to get me all the stuff required for that.. And wound up with the same error when trying to install that, too. Any ideas why? :s

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Try it from sd card, usb storage often fails. And if that also fails, your card is either not supported, or you have the wad in the wrong folder or with a wrong name, and the installer should say so. Also, you are not going to install it to "IOS249"! Even using IOS249 is not recommend for this.

7. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Start modmii, I Agree, 4, 10, D. Then you will have a new wad in the copy_to_sd/wad folder. Install it and that's it [​IMG]