Need help getting WiiU gamepad enabled GameCube games to work

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Eastonator12, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Eastonator12
    OP

Eastonator12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2016
    United States
    So I used WIIU USB Helper to make my installable files for the WiiU, I used Mario Sunshine and paper Mario isos, and they installed fine on my WiiU with WUP Installer. Unfortunately, when I tried to boot the games, it said "boot.dol not found". So, I went to the Nintendont github page and downloaded the loader.dol, and then renamed it. Then when I put that on the SD card, it now says "ninconfig.bin not found". I have no idea how to get this file, or where to put it. Thanks for any help

2. relauby

relauby Contributor

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    relauby is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 21, 2017
    Canada
    Newfoundland
    ninconfig is a file generated the first time you run a game off of Nintendont. Basically, you need to put Nintendont on your SD card, put one of your isos in a folder called "games" on the root of your SD, then go to the Homebrew Launcher and run Nintendont. It will prompt you to run a game off of your SD, but before you do that, go to settings and customize your settings. Make sure you turn on memory card emulation so Nintendont can save your progress. Wii U Widescreen is also recommended. Then run the game and it'll save the ninconfig to the root of your SD. You don't have to save the game or anything, just boot it up and it should generate the ninconfig.

Alternatively, I think someone posted their ninconfig in the thread about the injector script, you could download it from there and just put it on the root of your SD.

3. Eastonator12
    OP

Aug 16, 2016
    United States
    thank you. I tried just launching Nintendont but that didn't seem to work.

4. relauby

relauby Contributor

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    relauby is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 21, 2017
    Canada
    Newfoundland
    What happened when you tried to launch Nintendont?

By the way, here's the link to the ninconfig you can download: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/nincfg-7z.99549 (courtesy of wicksand420). You'll need 7-zip to unzip it.

5. Eastonator12
    OP

Aug 16, 2016
    United States
    it just loads normally and would let me pick a game. for some reason though it crashes when I try to pick the SD option to pick a game.

6. AxelXBC

AxelXBC Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2017
    United States
    I had this same issue when trying to load Gamecube games on the original Wii, IDK if this will reflect anything here, but have you made sure the SD Card is formatted in Fat32 32kb cluster size? It would give me issues even trying to load games from an HDD in default cluster size instead of 32kb cluster.

7. Eastonator12
    OP

Aug 16, 2016
    United States
    it does load games off of my USB, so thats good. I don't want to have to reformat my sd card

8. Cleish85

Cleish85 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2019
    Ireland
    Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem.

Attached Files:

9. Cleish85

Cleish85 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2019
    Ireland
    It's ok, I got mine up and running. I used Teconmoon WIiVC injector to put the latest version of Nintendont on to my SD card.

Refresh74 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted