doctor_roxo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[i think i put this in the wrong section. if so, sorry]

i have a psp 3000 with 6.60 PRO B9 and have only been messing around with this thing for a few days. just got it saturday.

i've gotten everything to run on it until now. Final Fantasy 7. not sure if its cause it's multi-disc [eboot] or not.

1st i did this: PSP>Game>Final Fantasy 7>[3 Final Fantasy 7 Folders with eboot in each] =CORRUPTED DATA

2nd time: PSP>Game> [Final Fantasy folders with eboot in each] =FF7 Icon (looks like its work) NOPE. game tries to load but goes back to XMB saying: the game could not be started (###numbers###)

So...what have i done wrong?

p.s. i haven't used popsloader for anything as i read it wasn't needed for 6.60 pro b9. and i've already gotten Castlevania SOTN to work on it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
A Multidisc eboot would have all three combined into one single large eboot.pbp so i'm assuming that you're talking about single disc eboots. If that is indeed the case do this.

1) Ditch discs 2 and 3 for the time being.
2) Create a folder in PSP/GAME called FF7D1
3)Place the eboot.pbp for disc 1 (and the keys.bin if you need it) into that folder.

Does it still fail? If so it may be a security issue. If you remake the FFVII eboot with PSX2PSP you won't need a keys.bin file if you opt to use the data.psp option.....so do that.

doctor_roxo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i do have 3 single eboots. and by adding the keys .bin file, it does work now. i think i'll try and find a multidisc eboot. if i can't though, would i just change the files [go to disk 2] after i've gotten to that point and would my save file work that way? thanks btw

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
FFVII saves at the end of each disc, so in reality you can play each disc until the end and then just swap it out rather than needing to have all the space occupied by all three discs in use. In your case i really wouldn't bother with a multidisc eboot...it's just wasted space.

Assuming the eboots have been made correctly there shouldn't be any save issues.

Reactions: Rydian

doctor_roxo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i did find a multidisc copy and am downloading now. i'll try it out and see if its any good. but will hang on the other just in case. thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +1