Gaming Need help fixing my wife's Zelda save on DSTT

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My wife has been playing the new Zelda for about a while now, and is about half finished. Today I put the newest firmware on the DSTT, and her save won't work anymore. Her save is 512, and now the new save the game generates is 1024. I've tried to rewrite the old save, but the game just writes a new one. What can I do? Am I fucked?

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah, it's the fixed xenophobe version of the game, not a clean rom. If I download and use a clean rom, will I be able to use the 512 save?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The old save is the incorrect size, and will eventually corrupt no matter what you do. Your only real option is to let it make the new save in the proper size, and have her start over. Either she restarts now, or she restarts after she's made even more progress.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The only way is to start over with a new save, or just stick with the 512kb one and potential random crashes. There is a utility to convert your save to 1MB, but it doesn't work right.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm not sure how happy she'll be with this, but life goes on.

Thanks again

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the main page, the title of this cuts off and says 'Need help fixing my wife'

yay.gif

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually found a little program that claimed to fix the save. Tried it, and it worked. Yayyy!

And I noticed that it said that on the main page. Funny stuff. Thanks alot you guys.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mrwienerdog said:
Actually found a little program that claimed to fix the save. Tried it, and it worked. Yayyy!

And I noticed that it said that on the main page. Funny stuff. Thanks alot you guys.

If it's called 'ZeldaSave.rar', then no it won't work. The author of that program has claimed as such. It'll make it 1MB but still have the corrupted save.
frown.gif

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edhel said:
mrwienerdog said:

If it's called 'ZeldaSave.rar', then no it won't work. The author of that program has claimed as such. It'll make it 1MB but still have the corrupted save.
frown.gif

Can't remember what the program I used was called, but it seemed to work fine. She's been playing through now for three weeks, and there has been no problem whatsoever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...