Need help choosing a card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by APHughes, Nov 10, 2013.

1. APHughes
    OP

APHughes Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2013
    United States
    Seattle
    I used R4 for my DS and for most of the 3DS lifecycle but now the R4 cards I have don't work and aren't updating correctly. I would try out a new card but I need to make sure all the files and most importantly save data can be carried over. Can someone direct me to the best card and hopefully one that updates along with the system.

Thanks in advance!

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    That is because R4 clones moved to a "your no longer entitled to any more updates" mentality. Get a DSTWO, it will have an update that supports the latest 3DS firmware within a few days.

3. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

Nov 3, 2013
    United States
    +1 on the DSTWO. Super fast updates, you never need to get new hardware revisions, and it supports some cool stuff like the TempGBA emu.

4. APHughes
    OP

APHughes Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2013
    United States
    Seattle
    Will the DSTwo support DS Save files? The .SAV is what it outputs for R4. Also, what are some trusted resources to buy it from.

5. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Yeah, the saves would transfer over fine. As far as the resellers request, depends where on the US you're at and where you don't mind getting shipped from. RealHotStuff.com ships out from NJ, USA. ModChipsDirect.com ship from NY, USA (IIRC). I've heard good things about both, and placed my first order at RealHotStuff last night.

6. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    沖縄県
    Which is better ModChipsDirect or RealHotStuff?

7. user64

user64 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    Canada
    I can vouch for this, DSTWOs made before the 3DS came out work on the newest firmware. There's also RTS (save states) and in-game guides and such, useful stuff.