Hacking need help and advice......softmod + originals

masher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Wonder if someone can put my mind at rest...my situation is that i bought a old wii with a bust dvd drive, that was on a 3.* firmware and used modmii via a bannerbomb to softmod and to eventually load games via a usb drive, this works ok and i am happy with what i done, even though i am not 100% sure of the ins and outs of what i done to do it, but this wii was used as a test before i tried to modify my sons main wii he has.problem is that as the dvd drive is bust i cannot test what i need to know below.

now, my sons wii(a different wii) is currently running 4.3 and i have the games that are needed to softmod it, super smash bros, lego batman, lego star wars, etc.
all i am worried about is that once i mod it, modmii recommends a firmware of 4.1...and he has originals of wii party, and wii sports resort which when
he puts the disk in upgraded the firmware to 4.3 .....my question is when i softmod it will he still be able to put his original disks in of these games
and still be able to play them, as priloader blocks the updates, and i am none too sure whether these updates are essential to play these games.....
i dont want to softmod if it will affect this.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a misconception is that games NEED updates to run/load....
That is false.
if you play a game from disc, you can use neogamma to load it INSTEAD of the disc channel, the disc channel will always ask to update.
You can install neogamma both as a channel, (wad) or directly from the HBC, using the SD card.
Look in our Neogamma thread for the latest rev....If loading games from USB, updates are always bypassed.
Neogamma loads both copies and retail discs, BTW....

masher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the lightning replys, although i am still a little confused, the first poster said about using the official disk channel it will always ask for a update, whereas the 2nd post said if i block updates, via priloader then it is win win situation....so if i do what modmii says and block updates, move disk channel, etc,etc.
he will still be able to play his wii party and wii sports resorts via originals without any hassles. even though the wii will be on 4.1

thanks again for the replys

masher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lovely, thanks for putting my mind at rest
smile.gif

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And why not ripping those games to your wii harddisk and give your wii dvd drive a rest as well?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
IF the game refuses to run because of not "updating" you can simply run an app such as MMM to install an up-to-date IOS and that should resolve the problem. You can then install Priiloader and enable the "Block Disc Upate" hack. Job done

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-