Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone give me a hand?
I'm stuck.

I put luma3ds custom firmware on
my new 3dsxl around September/November (Pokemon release). Laptop crashed a few weeks after that. Since then I've never updated luma/alh9. Don't even know how.
Can you please point me to a starting point, where i can jump back in and get all the cool new stuff like BS9 and what not? I've looked around, but since it's been months, I dunno where to start.

My 3DS firmware: 11.3.0-36U
Luma3ds: 6.6-b16d887 (dev)
Luma updater : v1.4.2

I no longer have copies of my nand, original OTP files or anything that was on the laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.

AgentAntz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have not touched it since November, you're likely on A9lh.

Follow this guide: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

You'll even be given the option to redump things like your OTP. (you don't really need it, but why not?)

After you do this, make a backup and burn it to a dvd.

https://3ds.guide/
Bookmark it; it's the answer to a lot of questions like yours ^^
Specifically for you, it sounds like you'd just need to follow this section:
https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
if you have not touched it since November, you're likely on A9lh.

Follow this guide: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

You'll even be given the option to redump things like your OTP. (you don't really need it, but why not?)

After you do this, make a backup and burn it to a dvd.

Thanks guys, one more question: I followed the guide, luma is updated and all. But Im still stuck on what to do next: my system is still requesting an update to go online, e-shop, ect...

is it now safe to update my system normally ( through the system, or from a cartridge ), or do i update the firmware using luma or something. I can follow directions, but have no idea what everything does yet...

thanks again for helping me this far !!!

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as Frezgle said, you can update your firmware safely.

once you have b9s, (sd card backup) and a nand backup (or ctr-nand if you want literally everything)

You're pretty much bullet proof!

Failed system update? restore from backup.

Installed some bad cia that somehow corrupted your homescreen? restore from backup.

Little brother "accidentally" deleted all your CTRNAND files, and fed the sd card to the family dog? Get a new brother...then... Buy a new sd card, restore from backup.

You pretty much have the highest level of access possible on the 3ds, so you can run a restore program before any of the main 3ds systems load, and waay before the OS.
And since that loads so early, nintendo can't patch it.

Reactions: Very and AgentAntz

AgentAntz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as Frezgle said, you can update your firmware safely.

once you have b9s, (sd card backup) and a nand backup (or ctr-nand if you want literally everything)

You're pretty much bullet proof!

Failed system update? restore from backup.

Installed some bad cia that somehow corrupted your homescreen? restore from backup.

Little brother "accidentally" deleted all your CTRNAND files, and fed the sd card to the family dog? Get a new brother...then... Buy a new sd card, restore from backup.

You pretty much have the highest level of access possible on the 3ds, so you can run a restore program before any of the main 3ds systems load, and waay before the OS.
And since that loads so early, nintendo can't patch it.

Thanks, everything is working great. Appreciate all the help!!!

Reactions: BOBdotEXE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work