Hacking Need *hax 2.X Pasta loader...

exney

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I want to use the mini pasta for installing the browser and make a downgrade to 4.5 using the gw using the browser

it's posible?

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@zoogie I made a GitHub repo for miniPasta - I hope this is okay for you. I only added a readme.md, replaced the icon and named you as author in the smd. If you should ever make a Github account we can transfer ownership.

Also, you know that miniPasta (the ARM9.bin, that is) does not work with recent loaders like Brahma 2, Brahma2Loader and CakeBrah? Not a real issue, because it is selfcontained anyways and has excellent boot rates as it is. The reason behind this issue is that in these more recent loaders, the ARM9 entrypoint is not correctly stored in memory, thus allowing no boot into the homemenu. Other CFWs like ReiNAND or CakesFW have this solved by providing their own return code.

And to answer your question, @SLiV3R , yes, this works in N3DS and *hax 2.5. And you need no guide for that, it's a homebrew like any other ;).

Last edited by d0k3,
Reactions: SLiV3R and peteruk

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working minipasta with n3ds and themehax auto boot. But how can I get this to work with firmlaunch?

_Belial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying this atm, and at the point I have to boot browserhax (sliderhax in this instance) from inside pasta it always fails. It just stays on grey screen. It works fine to get hbl before I load pasta. I need to unlink the nands, am I ok to run tinyformat from hbl from sysnand without being in pasta or minipasta?

this is on an ODS downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2 successfully

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
A new MiniPasta version is here. MiniPasta2.
Nothing too fancy, but it does support firm 9.3-9.4 now. :D

Q. Why?
A. There are some good use cases to run cia's on 9.4
One, browserless users under 9.0 can update to 9.4 (a very common cart firm in ALL regions) rather than update to 9.3 - 10.3 and perform a risky and unstable .3dsx sysupdater downgrade. You see, downgrading is much safer with the cia of sysupdater because after soft reboot, the system is stable -- even though minipasta2 uses memchunhax2. The low difference in title versions between 9.4 and 9.2 is also provides less risk for downgrading.
Two, JPN 8.1 n3ds owners now don't have to track down Cubic Ninja to upgrade to 9.2, they can just update to 9.4 and downgrade safely. It's just more options if they already have a 9.4 game. (lets be honest, that NTR server update method is a little complex ;p)
Three, If you're already on 9.3-9.4, then you can run cia's without any extra hardware right now! (the bootrate isn't too bad on old3ds)

Q. Why not just find a 9.2 game?
A. Impossible to find in JPN, very very rare in US (a single unmarked version of Smash Bros.), and pretty rare in EUR (a couple of games). 9.4 games are plentiful in all regions as said above.

So without further talks, here is the attachment. Be advised the bootrate in my tests is about 20% for new3ds and 50% for old3ds, pretty much what you'd expect for memchunhax2 stuff. (hint: leave wifi on for better boot %) Have fun. :-)

Attachments

• MiniPasta2.zip
    298.4 KB · Views: 340
Last edited by zoogie,

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new MiniPasta version is here. MiniPasta2.
Nothing too fancy, but it does support firm 9.3-9.4 now. :D

Q. Why?
A. There are some good use cases to run cia's on 9.4
One, browserless users under 9.0 can update to 9.4 (a very common cart firm in ALL regions) rather than update to 9.3 - 10.3 and perform a risky and unstable .3dsx sysupdater downgrade. You see, downgrading is much safer with the cia of sysupdater because after soft reboot, the system is stable -- even though minipasta2 uses memchunhax2. The low difference in title versions between 9.4 and 9.2 is also provides less risk for downgrading.
Two, JPN 8.1 n3ds owners now don't have to track down Cubic Ninja to upgrade to 9.2, they can just update to 9.4 and downgrade safely. It's just more options if they already have a 9.4 game. (lets be honest, that NTR server update method is a little complex ;p)
Three, If you're already on 9.3-9.4, then you can run cia's without any extra hardware right now! (the bootrate isn't too bad on old3ds)

Q. Why not just find a 9.2 game?
A. Impossible to find in JPN, very very rare in US (a single unmarked version of Smash Bros.), and pretty rare in EUR (a couple of games). 9.4 games are plentiful in all regions as said above.

So without further talks, here is the attachment. Be advised the bootrate in my tests is about 20% for new3ds and 50% for old3ds, pretty much what you'd expect for memchunhax2 stuff. (hint: leave wifi on for better boot %) Have fun. :-)
If we're using mch2, can't we just use gspwn to get a much better bootrate?

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
If we're using mch2, can't we just use gspwn to get a much better bootrate?
The bootrate on 9.3-4 mchhax2.1 (or svchax whatever) is low despite using GSpwn. I don't know why.

There seems to be a pattern of userland and kernelhax being less stable on lower firms.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Are you sure? Because as far as I knew you would go from 8.1.0-0j to 9.4.0-0j

You would still have no browser so NH or OOT still needed unless I missed something.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You'd probably have to use another 3DS to set up OoT if Cubic isn't an option (or get Sky I guess). Definitely not as convenient as browserhax though.

My point was i was poking fun at @zoogie for claiming you don't need to track down CN

@daxtsu zoogie is the kind of person to be like na man use nasa to install 4.x mset then run this .nds and use profile hack or some shit like that

Last edited by Ronhero,
Reactions: daxtsu

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
My point was i was poking fun at @zoogie for claiming you don't need to track down CN

@daxtsu zoogie is the kind of person to be like na man use nasa to install 4.x mset then run this .nds and use profile hack or some shit like that
I said this opens "more options" like if you already have Zelda or Sky3ds.

Right now it's pointless because updating to 10.7 then downgrading is pretty painless and safe, but it won't be that way forever.

Reactions: Ronhero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: