zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to figure out how to system transfer from my legit sysnand 9.5 with all my eshop purchases to another 3ds that's on 4.4 that already has gateway set up. Rather than ask for a step by step guide (which I surely do not mind) I'll just ask a couple more important questions.

1) legit 3ds has a 32gb chip and gateway one has a 8gb with the partition in it (that I don't know how to remove). How should I merge all the games/saves from legit over to the target 3ds? Or basically how do I prep the 32gb card so that it's gateway ready?

2) Once number 1 is done, I guess I boot into emunand 9.5 on target 3ds and then just system transfer between the two like normal? Are there any extra steps I need to take to ensure I can use the 4.4 3ds normally with all my stuff transferred?

3) Do I need to keep backing up my sysnand everytime? I've done it once and I've remained on 4.4 since.

4) Now the side questions, for games that I've modified headers for the gateway, can I just use those (with the .3dz extension) on the sky3ds? Or do I have to redo headers specifically for the sky? (Or if you have a sky3ds faq/tutorial I'm ok with that).

Edit: 5) Last I remember multirom is broken in emunand 9.5, has that been fixed yet?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never done a system transfer but there sure are a lot of threads about them here and should be easy to find. Probably not more than 2 or 3 pages back. I bet you can do it. :)

You can never have to many backups especially when you are unsure about what you are doing.

Multi rom is working on 9.5 with launcher3.0.4

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, you can't transfer your purchased eshop games from SysNAND 9.5 to others either official system transfer (need latest sysnand/emunand in both devices) or cia backup (using funkycia need a 3ds on 4.x).

AFAIK, only exploited 3DS device can use SaveDataFilter to backup and restore savedata.

No, to use your modified header you need to edit to the right header in template.txt.

GW has fixed multirom menu on emunand 9.5, update 3.0.4.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format the system you want the games from. Call Nintendo and tell them you lost your old 3DS can they move it? They will ask for both serials and then they will move the content to the new 3DS.

Plain and simple. This way when you update the new 3DS Emunand to newest firmware you can redownload your stuff. Save files will of course be gone from installed games, but it's better than updating the system right?

The other way would be to setup emunand on the same SD card in the old 3DS so when you transfer it to the new one it has the space needed. It's a hassle.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3) Do I need to keep backing up my sysnand everytime? I've done it once and I've remained on 4.4 since.

If you're sure your dump is good, and you haven't changed anything on sysnand since you first dumped it, you shouldn't need to dump it again. You can if you want, redundant copies won't hurt, but they take time to make and take up space. Really up to you if you want to bother.

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, seems like for question 1, this thread should answer it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/system-transfer-complete-and-now-emunand-wont-recognize-my-saves.379372/

How do I prep the SD card with the emunand before copying all the original contents over? It's been ages since I last set up the 3ds for gateway.

Edit: Ok semi successfully system transferred from legit 9.5 to emunand 9.5. Streetpass and my play coins went over just fine. Now just need to figure out how to get it to see the games.

2nd Edit: After copying the files to the correct folder in SD card, all games and purchases show up in gift boxes and load correctly along with streetpass dlc. Success!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...