Gaming Need Euro or UK version of DSi XL Manual PDF (NOT USA version)

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo Europe have done it again. All the other regions have nice PDF manuals that they can download from their respective Nintendo Support Centre. Not us, we get a low quality black and white job with 'Not For Bloody Reprint' written across the text.
Yeah thanks fellas.... NOT.
Don't laugh I am very annoyed......... oh ok if you must. But when you have finished laughing and after you have felt the need to point out that I can read the hard copy (haven't actually got my XL yet) please do not tell me to read the American manual. I do not speak American. I tried to read it but it put my blood pressure up. It isn't personal I just can't speak American.

Soooo if you have a link to either a UK version or a Euro version (English/Spanish/French/Italian in one document) which does not have stupid writing obscuring it I will love you forever and build you a little shrine in the corner of our downstairs loo. Then I will make a forum signature stating that you are God.

Failing that I will use the Australian version.
hate2.gif

P.S I mean it I promise to do it if you deliver.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
^^^ and why are you getting so mad just because of a manual, no one I know ever reads any manual and I have been to numerous countries!!!

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bazamuffin said:
http://www.onlinefreeebooks.net/electronic...manual-pdf.html

Thank you sir but I have already tried that version yesterday it is American sadly. And my cat nicked half my sandwich while I looked at it.
frown.gif

I appreciate you trying to help though.

I have now rung Nintendo. 'That is the only link we are allowed to give you...blah blah.' Oh and I asked about the Ds lite hinge problem if it had been fixed for the XL.
Him: 'There was no hinge problem'
Me: 'Have you heard of the Internet, visited youtube etc'
Him: 'They are lying'

Bastards!!!!!!!

Has anyone got an email address for the Nintendo Japan crew? I'm going to complain.

QUOTE(naved.islam14 @ Apr 26 2011, 10:10 AM) ^^^ and why are you getting so mad just because of a manual, no one I know ever reads any manual and I have been to numerous countries!!!
Yes but I am female, it is men who don't read manuals sir.
I like them they give me a sense of security.

Edited: To include response to second posters question

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
What do you mean, you don't speak "American"? You obviously speak english, so you shouldn't have a problem with the US version. Or is this thread supposed to be a joke?
No it isn't a joke nor is it a dig. English is different to American we have different grammar and even different meaning for words.

Exhibit A
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/14/opinion/...-edtharoor.html
QUOTEAn English friend of mine says that he nearly had a heart attack on a flight in the United States when the American pilot announced that the plane would be airborne "momentarily.' 'In English, the language my friend speaks, "momentarily" means "for a moment," and he thought the pilot was suggesting an imminent crash soon after takeoff. In American, however, "momentarily" means "in a moment," and the pilot was merely appeasing the impatient passengers.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I am well aware that there are differences. I have spent a few weeks in Europe, so I know it can be a little hard to understand everything perfectly, but it isn't that different. You shouldn't have a problem with a manual.

Edit: "Momentarily" can mean both "in a moment" and "for a moment." in America. You just have to use common sense (something this passenger obviously lacked).

Toki~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The American language is a slight bastardisation of the english language, call it english lite maybe but either way you really shouldn't have an issue reading the american manual. What do you need it for anyhow?

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
mabilouz said:
naved.islam14 said:
^^^ and why are you getting so mad just because of a manual, no one I know ever reads any manual and I have been to numerous countries!!!
Yes but I am female, it is men who don't read manuals sir.
I like them they give me a sense of security.

Edited: To include response to second posters question

Okay, that is true from what I know.

QUOTE(JoostinOnline @ Apr 26 2011, 04:26 PM)
I am well aware that there are differences. I have spent a few weeks in Europe, so I know it can be a little hard to understand everything perfectly, but it isn't that different. You shouldn't have a problem with a manual.
Agreed.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
I believe that I have a right to read it in my language not someone else's version and without having to resort to a dictionary or grammar guide. In addition the US manual has differences regarding various things like battery disposal. I shouldn't have to make do. The USA guide is for Americans using an American model complying with American law. I shouldn't have to guess or compare it with our grainy version.

I don't wish to debate my right to have a UK or Euro version any further with anyone. Just if someone has a link and/or the email for the Japanese Nintendo crew I would be very grateful and I will make a signature in honour of anyone able to supply a suitable PDF.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Toki~ said:
American is a slight bastardisation of the english language, call it english lite maybe but either way you really shouldn't have an issue reading the american manual. What do you need it for anyhow?
"American" isn't a language. The USA doesn't even have an official language, although the majority of people speak English. We just have a different dialect.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:

Edit: "Momentarily" can mean both "in a moment" and "for a moment." in America. You just have to use common sense (something this passenger obviously lacked).
Not knowing the American meaning of an English word does not mean we lack common sense. We aren't psychic.

Now pleeeeeeeeeeease can we keep to the topic.
I need a PDF and the Japanese email address

Toki~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fixed, I'm still pretty much half asleep but my point still stands. Also speak for yourself Mabilouz you may have issues understanding the American language but that doesn't mean everyone else in the UK does too.

Fixed for your pleasure. =P

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Toki~ said:
Fixed, I'm still pretty much half asleep but my point still stands. Also, speak for yourself Mabilouz you may have issues understanding the American language but that doesn't mean everyone else in the UK does too.
I did speak for myself.

Now please can we keep on topic. PDF link or Japanese Nintendo email address. Not, lets have a flame war.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
mabilouz said:
JoostinOnline said:

Not knowing the American meaning of an English word does not mean we lack common sense. We aren't psychic.

I can't find either, but I will offer some help. Take a look through the US version of the manual, and if you have trouble understanding anything PM it to me. It's not a perfect solution, but since you don't want to try reading your hard copy, there aren't that many options.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
mabilouz said:
JoostinOnline said:

I can't find either, but I will offer some help. Take a look through the US version of the manual, and if you have trouble understanding anything PM it to me. It's not a perfect solution, but since you don't want to try reading your hard copy, there aren't that many options.
I appreciate your kindness
smile.gif
But unless I get a Euro or UK version I will make do with the Australian offering. I haven't got the hard copy I only sent off for the DSi XL over the weekend. Thank you though.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toki~ said:
The American language is a slight bastardisation of the english language, call it english lite maybe but either way you really shouldn't have an issue reading the american manual. What do you need it for anyhow?

The Americans are taking English, which is a very impractical and illogical language (no offence to you Brits, but it is) and turning it into a very logical and literal language. Not that it's a bad thing.

BTW, use the Australian one.

Australian law more or less = British law (without all the royal crap) and the systems are, kinda the same. The region isn't Europe, it's Europe-Australia (because apparently we aren't good enough for our own region)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1