Need Assistance With Hacking PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Lakerfanalways, Mar 8, 2009.

Mar 8, 2009
  1. Lakerfanalways
    OP

Member Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have the fat PSP..I havent used it in a while and I would like to hack into it but I don't know how. I was reading how if I have the fat PSP with a lower then 3.3 firmware that I can just install something without having to buy the pandora battery..I have firmware 3.1 I checked last night since I have not used my PSP in a while. If anyone can assist me in how to hack into it I would really appreciate it. I have a 256 memory card right now(Looking to upgrade to an 8 gig after I get this thing up and running) I looked at the sticky above but the link no longer works. Thanks

2. Lakerfanalways
    OP

United States
    Bumping up hoping anyone here can assist me. I have read so many conflicting stories, some say that I need the pandora battery, others say I dont need it just need to download something to make it work..if anyone here is able to help me please do..thanks

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You need to update to 3.11 (get the official Sony eboot from DAX's site) and then with a Lumines UMD you run a downgrader. Honestly if you don't have Lumines already it'd be far simpler for you just to buy a Pandora and do it the modern way. Far safer and much easier.

4. Lakerfanalways
    OP

United States
    I am so confused about this whole thing. I see youtube videos where all you gotta do is install some software and boom you got a pandora battery but then others say "I have the official firmware so I cant do it" what other kind of firmware would someone have on their PSP besides the official one, its whatever it comes with. I dont have the game Lumines, I hardly play the PSP the only reason why I wanted to do this was because if I hacked into it then I would find more use to having the PSP. Thanks so much

5. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Best thing to do is buy a pandora battery and memory stick from dealextreme.com

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12711

there are also 2gb versions for cheaper. install the software from Dark-alex.org onto the memcard and follow the instructions.

then insert the memory card, insert the pandora battery, and install the newest custom firmware.

this is by no means a tutorial, just the necessary steps needed.

hope this helps.

suppachipmunk

6. Lakerfanalways
    OP

United States

Thanks so much for the info. Is there a pandora battery that comes with an 8 gig memory stick card..4 gig is alright, but I am looking for something bigger that way I can put more stuff on it if necessary without worrying about running out. is this web site the most reliable..meaning, the best site to get this from? I have never dealt with this site before, and I see that they are in Hong Kong, how long does it take for delivery..I know that we ordered a mod chip for the Wii from one of those foreign country sites and after a month it was FINALLY shipped..that is why I prefer companies inside the United States, that way they can be contacted if I dont receive it. Any other site or is this the best one to deal with

7. Lakerfanalways
    OP

United States
    Bumping up for further info :-)

8. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    No. Get just the Pandora battery from there...Deal Extreme won't give you good odds on a genuine stick. You also can't make a Magic Memory stick (used to install custom firmware) with an 8Gb stick. Get yourself a Sandisk Ultra II Pro Duo from a reliable site (people seem to recommend Newegg)