Need advice on installer

Ace9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
I just installed atmosphere with nh guides on v1 switch.
I need an installer for my nsp between goldleaf ( transparent code), dbi (code source no info ?), tinfoild ( code source closed).

I need something that verify the nsp (important) and let me install from my PC (fat32 is limited). I don’t know which one to use.

Can you advise me ?

Thanks for your help :)

Ace9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can use this tool on your pc and check nsp/xci first before even sending to a installer.
Then I also use DBI
Ok thanks you very much :)
Can you please answer these 4 questions :
1- Does Nxfileviewer check confirm if the nsp is completely safe ? I just wanted to confirm.

2. Is this DBI tools safe ? ( people on nh guide discord were telling me not to use dbi or tinfoil because of the source code)

3. I used nh guides so I never used sigpatches like they said in the retry guides. Do I need it especially if I want to use clean nsp games ?

4.They said it is « for Sigpatches allow your Switch to install and run unofficial NSP files » so Can you explain the reason why I need it if it’s not corrupted files and correct nsp dump ?

Thanks

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks you very much :)
Can you please answer these 4 questions :
1- Does Nxfileviewer check confirm if the nsp is completely safe ? I just wanted to confirm.

2. Is this DBI tools safe ? ( people on nh guide discord were telling me not to use dbi or tinfoil because of the source code)

3. I used nh guides so I never used sigpatches like they said in the retry guides. Do I need it especially if I want to use clean nsp games ?

4.They said it is « for Sigpatches allow your Switch to install and run unofficial NSP files » so Can you explain the reason why I need it if it’s not corrupted files and correct nsp dump ?

Thanks
1- Yes (Signature & Hash)
2- Yes (been using for years, no problems) I also reccomend this if you worried about DBI:
https://github.com/Huntereb/Awoo-Installer
3 -Yes https://switch.homebrew.guide much better guide
4 - https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
If your Nsp/Xci file is corrupt or incorrect dump, it will not harm your Switch, it will just not install or will crash in game. If you check the file on PC with NxFileViewer prior, this will never happen anyways.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DBI is solid and reliable. It might be closed source but I've never heard a credible claim (or actually any claim at all) that it's ever done anything shady, unlike the other closed source option which has had a long and storied history of hostile code and hate speech.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto