Need advice for using Webcam as security camera

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! I need advice about this, I have an AIO with a integrated Webcam and I wanna use it as a Security Camera, the software i look needs to be free and support streaming for viewing it from a browser in another network.

Thanks in advance.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do prefer IP cameras and the like for this sort of task but use what you have is always an option and webcam is very much a valid one.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ispysoftware/ is a soft sell for a paid version but the free one is still pretty good and will even do things like record when it sees movement. You may or may not have to find a dynamic DNS and they did half try, alternatively though you could always get a version of teamviewer installed on it or something (if remote control is not for you then you can always VPN in, VPN also saves having to worry about security so much and teamviewer does have a VPN option).

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do prefer IP cameras and the like for this sort of task but use what you have is always an option and webcam is very much a valid one.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ispysoftware/ is a soft sell for a paid version but the free one is still pretty good and will even do things like record when it sees movement. You may or may not have to find a dynamic DNS and they did half try, alternatively though you could always get a version of teamviewer installed on it or something (if remote control is not for you then you can always VPN in, VPN also saves having to worry about security so much and teamviewer does have a VPN option).
Thanks Fast! I’ll checo tour suggestions.

jlmiller4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used Yawcam for years. Easy to use and can be viewed in an IP cam viewer (I use IP Cam Viewer Lite) on Android phones or via browser. The trickiest part is setting up your port forwarding for the camera to view it outside your home network.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1